PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 01:05 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Verizon Wireless Touch Pro2 Discussion Thread

Okay so I just got off the phone with Verizon Customer Service (switching my service over to my replacement TP after keyboard died). And while I'm waiting on the phone and she's working on setting it up, I ask her if she has heard anything about the release date for the Touch Pro 2. So she says she'll look into it while I'm on the phone...

So she goes to some part of their system that has all the info on upcoming devices. And the listed release for the Verizon Touch Pro 2 is mid-late September!

She said there is a small possibility it could be pushed back but based on what she saw it looked good to go for a September release!
Just thought I'd throw that out there for anyone else that's been dying to know!
Old 07-30-2009, 01:17 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac
Re: Verizon Touch Pro 2 - Release Date -

ill tell you when the phone is out when its in my hands. hows that for a release date?

..........until we can get some hard evidence about the release date i will qualify this as here say

Last edited by psycho_maniac; 07-30-2009 at 01:21 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:20 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
ill tell you when the phone is out when its in my hands. hows that for a release date?
lol, here we go!
Old 07-30-2009, 01:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

cashsky is a n00b

Quote:

..........until we can get some hard evidence about the release date i will qualify this as here say
Amen brotha!
Old 07-30-2009, 01:39 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Threadstarter

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:

lol! I hear that! Don't get me wrong, I'm still holdin out hope that september is a go. I would be surprised that verizon was only a month behind other carriers though. The TP was what, 4 months(ish) behind Sprint?
Old 07-30-2009, 01:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Kyocera 7135 < Blackberry 8250 < 6700 < 6800 < 6850
Carrier: Alltel

vestaviajag is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to vestaviajag

I was on the phone with my veterinarian, who happens to be a vegetarian that shops at this organic produce place that this girl works at, and her ex-boyfriend used to work at Verizon, and he said the TP2 would be out in September!!!

of course he also said that VZW gimped it...

sorry, had to add sarcasm

EDIT: by the way, on a more serious note, has anyone noticed that the TP2 isn't on HTC's website anymore? I remember seeing it, but checked last night to no avail.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker

slvrap1 is becoming a great contributor

The tp2 has never been on the us main page, if you look in the Europe main page it's there
Old 07-30-2009, 02:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

No VZW Customer Service Rep knows the release date for this phone, not even a ballpark...I can confirm that this is indeed, hearsay
"There is no such thing as a stupid question" is just as ridiculous as saying "There is no such thing as a stupid answer". This proves there are also "stupid statements". There are probably alot of "stupid ideas" too. And what do all these things have in common? Stupid people.

Remember to say ...Preferrably by clicking the button instead of wasting valuable forum space
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:00 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

my buddys "friend with benefits" is a corporate sales associate for VZW.. she goes corp to corp to try a swing their buisness to VZW by making elaborate presentations..

she says VZW hasnt even made a firm decision to carry the TP2 still... they got TONS of negative feedback from the TP1, and everyone tried to bring their non VZW branded TP1 over to VZW and the higher ups dont like it... she says most likely it wont come at all, or they will be the very last carrier, if at all, to get it...

right now VZWs main focus is the Omnia II and the Omnia Pro.. shes saying the Omnia Pro wll probably replace the TP2 in the VZW lineup to avoid the frenzy theyve had to deal with over the TPs...

but hey, we all have rumor stories
Old 07-30-2009, 02:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
she says VZW hasnt even made a firm decision to carry the TP2 still... they got TONS of negative feedback from the TP1, and everyone tried to bring their non VZW branded TP1 over to VZW and the higher ups dont like it... she says most likely it wont come at all, or they will be the very last carrier, if at all, to get it...
Now why do you think that is? Could it possibly be because Verizon made a completely retarded decision to cripple the hardware on their Touch Pro and that those who brought over Touch Pros from other carriers would have happily bought VZW's version if they didn't have to pay more for an inferior device? Might want to pass that along to your friend. Either that or maybe they should LET THE CUSTOMER DECIDE what phone they want to use. As long as it is CDMA and meets e911 requirements, it shouldn't be an issue. You can charge the same price but you don't have to offer support or subsidize a handset. Seems like a win for everyone to me.

Quote:
right now VZWs main focus is the Omnia II and the Omnia Pro.. shes saying the Omnia Pro wll probably replace the TP2 in the VZW lineup to avoid the frenzy theyve had to deal with over the TPs...

but hey, we all have rumor stories
Typical VZW logic. Screw up, refuse to accept responsibility for it, then compound your mistake by not releasing a great device. when the fix is RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR NOSE.

/rant - not an attack on you boredandtattooed, simply get sick of the "logic" of corporations like this sometimes. Their continual effort to increase shareholder profit causes them to lose sight of the fact that ultimately they exist at the pleasure of the customer. Provide a quality product at a price reflective of its value and you will have no trouble getting business. Like they say, penny wise and pound foolish.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2