PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pro 2 is Also missing 3d accelaration. Confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
great writeup thanx for the info.....again.....and again here ya go champ:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/?cid=OAS...INS-iphone.com

i hear they have plenty
HAHAHAH! I was expecting a htc fan boy but god damn.. you are quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.8820 View Post
good job there ex. as most of the people here know, i'll be passing on this as well. i'll keep my tp1 as long as sprint has 'em!
DItto! I refuse to give HTC another dime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot View Post
no shocker we all knew htc wasnt going to buy the drivers needed maybe next time eh? lmaoooo sucks tho oh well
We have been hoping ("hope" lol@ worldwide & mr8820) for this fix since the Mogul and Tilt were the first next gen ppc's effected with this flawed CPU driver issue case. We have hoped fpr over 3 generations and heres the 4th generation Pro2 and Diamond 2 and we got the shaft once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redz1234 View Post
How have these drivers not been leaked? .. Compared to my HTC Titan my TP2 is amazing..
They have not been leaked! The reason you see the Pro as incredible is because the HI resulotion your staring at. lol. Everything else is the same if not a bit slower due to the hi resulution. Seriouly.. My regular Touch is smoother and faster with some HOME plugins compared to my Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
this was asked and it was already speculated 3d acceleration wasn't out of the box. heck xda is all over that already but good find nonetheless
There has been custom drivers made by talented guys like Chainfire over at XDA but nothing to jump over joy about. They have been taking cracks at this since the Kaiser was the first group of consumers complaining in how terrible their Tom tom and Igo runs compared to their older PPC's. Its been over 3 years and no one has been able to truly unlock the proper drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
I just wanna add this just to give one an Idea. Here's a game going to the iphone.

And here's a game for WM:

Iphone does not even have buttons. LOL
LOLOLOL! Ya..... but the HTC fan bois take offense when you compare anything to the iphone. Look at the first respond I got from here. LOL Seriously HTCfanbois... get over it! Even you will one day really see how much superior the 2d and 3d rendering the iphone has over any HTC phone at the moment. Its embarrassing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
that is a big difference =/ makes windows look bad ... =(
Exactly! Terrible. LOL. Its more like PS3 vs PS. I take it back. PS3 vs. Atari Linxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
I understand that this was probably written via mobile, but... You think you can hit up a spell check on this "review" of yours?

Thanks
Thanks genius. Any better input besides nonsense?

Thanks

Quote:
I know right. It's like PS2 compared to nintendo famicom.
PS3 vs. Linxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
You would not see improvements because the pack on XDA only includes the 3d drivers and not 2d.
From what I ready the pixel fillrate for the CPU is like 128 and with drivers its like 533..so its like 4x speed improvement if we get the drivers. From what the specs also show, the MSM7200 and MSM7600 should be capable of graphics equivalent to the PSP and the DS if not slightly better
Trust me.. I was really hoping at least 2d was gonna benefit from the xda drivers but when I launched Google maps (2d).. it was no better. Also, yes... the onboard GFX chip on the MS72XX CPU is suppose to push out triangles like the DS.

Quote:
No i am saying once Flash 10 is added you'll get access to many games that are already built long ago and are constantly being built.

But as long as the hardware is crippled, no matter what Microsoft does there is nothing they can do. And in a way it is hurting Microsoft because whenever someone picks up their headset they see these lag and etc. They should include it in their license agreement that manufacturer must include all drivers >.>

As my post above said, our HTC phones should be no less then a PSP/DS performance wise if it is uncrippled.
EXACTLY! Thats why I compare it to the iphone! Sertiously.. I dont like the Apple System where as everything is locked to them only. Thats why I refuse to buy a iphone. But tis fair to compare the graphics ability to it since they have set the bar really high and our phones can match it but HTC and qualcomn are like a fighting married couple. They refuse to settle for the drivers and they care less as long as ppl buy them.

Quote:
HTC and Qualcomm are just lazy. Nvidia wrote their own 3D driver. They will be using OpenGL with their Tegra 3D engine. They are writing 3D game from the ground up. They are even using the older WinCE OS on their demo and seems like it's working flawlessly. Imagine Nvidia using WM6.5 or WM7.
Thats what I am waiting for. No more HTC until the Tegra comes out with fully functioning 3d engine. Pro 1 was my last HTC phone period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
oh man i cant wait, tegra looks great, anyword on devices coming out soon with it? besides the zune HD
Ya.. Zune is almost here! But it need a RADIO so we can make calls! LOL. Honestly i thinks Tegra devices are due next year i think.

Last edited by Exil3d; 08-26-2009 at 10:19 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:18 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
HAHAHAH! I was expecting a htc fan boy but god damn.. you are quick!

DItto! I refuse to give HTC another dime.

We have been hoping ("hope" lol@ worldwide & mr8820) for this fix since the Mogul and Tilt were the first next gen ppc's effected with this flawed CPU driver issue case. We have hoped fpr over 3 generations and heres the 4th generation Pro2 and Diamond 2 and we got the shaft once again.

They have not been leaked! The reason you see the Pro as incredible is because the HI resulotion your staring at. lol. Everything else is the same if not a bit slower due to the hi resulution. Seriouly.. My regular Touch is smoother and faster with some HOME plugins compared to my Pro.

There has been custom drivers made by talented guys like Chainfire over at XDA but nothing to jump over joy about. They have been taking cracks at this since the Kaiser was the first group of consumers complaining in how terrible their Tom tom and Igo runs compared to their older PPC's. Its been over 3 years and no one has been able to truly unlock the proper drivers.

LOLOLOL! Ya..... but the HTC fan bois take offense when you compare anything to the iphone. Look at the first respond I got from here. LOL Seriously HTCfanbois... get over it! Even you will one day really see how much superior the 2d and 3d rendering the iphone has over any HTC phone at the moment. Its embarrassing.

Exactly! Terrible. LOL. Its more like PS3 vs PS. I take it back. PS3 vs. Atari Linxs

Thanks genius. Any better input besides nonsense?

Thanks

PS3 vs. PS more like it. lol

Trust me.. I was really hoping at least 2d was gonna benefit from the xda drivers but when I launched Google maps (2d).. it was no better. Also, yes... the onboard GFX chip on the MS72XX CPU is suppose to put or triangles like the DS.

EXACTLY! Thats why I compare it to the iphone! Sertiously.. I dont like the Apple System where as everything is locked to them only. Thats why I refuse to buy a iphone. But tis fair to compare the graphics ability to it since they have set the bar really high and our phones can match it but HTC and qualcomn are like a fighting married couple. They refuse to settle for the drivers and they care less as long as ppl buy them.

Thats what I am waiting for. No more HTC until the Tegra comes out with fully functioning 3d engine. Pro 1 was my last HTC phone period.

Ya.. Zune is almost here! But it need a RADIO so we can make calls! LOL. Honestly i thinks Tegra devices are due next year i think.
Wow !! the whole chatroom in 1 post.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 08-26-2009, 10:21 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

*grabs a seat and a bag of popcorn*

this will get good!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:24 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH! Well, arent you all sick of hearing these HTC fan bois complaining to anyone who dares compare anything to a iphone? Common? Iphone runs circles and more over any HTC pcc.And i will still not get a iphone. I wish we all could somehow collectively stop buying HTC WM phones. Then and only then we will all WIN and get a powerfull device. not cripple junk with HTC fanbois swearing how cool it is. They is them "I love my Pro 2 its soo hi rez." lol.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:27 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

not a fanboy dude, not even sure what the hell that is lol! just noticing all your posts related to the same thing (iphone/lack of 3d drivers) so i was tryin to point ya in the right direction.

good luck my man

edit, maybe u could help us out also since i see u wont get an iphone, go get a job at htc as an exec and make some changes dude! crack some heads in there and get us some drivers!! me and the rest of the fanboys would love ya 4 it
Old 08-26-2009, 10:28 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.8820 View Post
*grabs a seat and a bag of popcorn*

this will get good!
LOL, ding... popcorn up
Old 08-26-2009, 10:32 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Trust me.. I was really hoping at least 2d was gonna benefit from the xda drivers but when I launched Google maps (2d).. it was no better.
Actually the XDA drivers are 3d only...no2chem did a little work on the 2d drivers on the Mogul back in the day but never got a chance to finish it.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Actually the XDA drivers are 3d only...no2chem did a little work on the 2d drivers on the Mogul back in the day but never got a chance to finish it.
Thats one of my points. Poor guys over at XDA and here. They are trying to give us something HTC will not. What did we pay for then? Some paid full price for these phones. Seriously! 549.99? and some paid 299.99? Its like we bought a super unlocked iphone but with a DORITo Ranch Chip instead of a graphic chip. Thats just wrong.

You all have to relate to me even a bit.... arent you tired of these non accelarated devices? If you are.. dont byt the PRO! Your just making HTC ignore us.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:38 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
LOL, ding... popcorn up

You sit back. I got a bugger to pick with you.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Ok.. to open your eyes a bit more.

This is what proper 3d drivers do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3MfQ...11D3CA&index=0

And this is what we PPC WM users have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCM6S0YqqrE

WHich one do you like?
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2