PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 11:54 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How is the TP2 faster that the TP?

Here... fast forward to exactly 4 minutes to see tom tom run like our current Pro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uONMuEeTo7A

Theres a few more other vids that show this on igo and tomtom again but I am toooo lazy to search them. but if I come across them again i will link you guys to it .

And if you look when he turns at the beggining.. theres a delay. lol.

Also.. is it just me or iz my eyes coreect? Look when he plays need for speed, do it look more choppy than on the PRO 1? I think Pro1 runs it smoother.

Last edited by Exil3d; 08-25-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

awesome writeup jessiethe3rd. I totally agree with all of your points. This thing does not just fly in TouchFlo. I notice it everywhere, especially when browsing.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Here... fast forward to exactly 4 minutes to see tom tom run like our current Pro.

Theres a few more other vids that show this on igo and tomtom again but I am toooo lazy to search them. but if I come across them again i will link you guys to it .

Also.. is it just me or iz my eyes coreect? Look when he plays need for speed, do it look more choppy than on the PRO 1? I think Pro1 runs it smoother.

huh? reviewer said there was no gps lag.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:37 AM
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I guess I saw something different when I watched that video. He pretty much raves about and makes a point of stating how it outperformed the TP1 several times. I think the TomTom choppiness was due to him trying to shoot video in a moving car.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

trevor_g is keeping up the good worktrevor_g is keeping up the good work

Gentlemen,

The performance of the TP2 has got to be seen to be believed. It's more than an upgrade to the TP... it feels and performs like a completely different device.

I'm not exaggerating. It's really something else. Almost EVERYTHING is faster... and this is a stock ROM!

I heard a rumour about a huge gigantic pagepool that was instrumental in making the device perform like it does. Whatever it is, it's making WinMo scream!

About TomTom: I do use it, and find that the 3D view is about the same as my TP (a few fps), but it loads 75% faster and calculates routes about that much faster too.

By the way, those enhanced 3d drivers are for real. You have to manage to find a piece of software that actually attempts to use true 3d rendering (like Spb MobileShell3 carousel view)... but holy crap. I've never seen anything rendered so smooth on a WinMo device (speaking of the aforementioned example). There are demos that come w/ those driver packs. Try them. It might just cure your cynicism.

If it's within your means, upgrade. You won't regret it. I ditched my TP early and suffered a loss getting this thing, but the one and only thing I miss is having a flashable device.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: sprint

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work

Thanx, excellent points.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:47 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

If U strap the TP2 on a jackrabbit and the TP on a turtle, TP2 will run faster. If U do the vice versa, then TP will run faster. It's common sense.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 08-25-2009, 07:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeybrin View Post
okay. . . you list all of this detailed information about the cpu. . . but even the fastest cpu's will run like a pentium 1 without the right RAM. . .

just because it has the same amount of ram as the touch pro 1. . . doesnt mean its the same speed. . . or maybe the system clock ticks faster? making quick changes more possible. . . or even just faster bus speeds. . .

the processor may be older, but 500 mhz is 500 mhz, is 500 mhz (not the exact number but you get the point) maybe the only reason they are using an older processor is because they have more room for a larger one. . .

cpu has very little to do with speed when compared to the quality of the RAM.

Sorry to burst your bubble here, but RAM does NOT, i repeat, RAM DOES NOT make *THAT* much of a difference.

For example, the difference between DDR2@800 MHz versus DDR3@800 MHz is about 1-2% in real world scenarios, and naturally, that would include a faster bus speed as well.

I haven't read the rest of this thread yet beyond this post (about to read up on it now), but this gave me pause as you are spreading about misinformation.

Don't mean to come off sounding rude, but RAM and bus speed alone can NOT make that big of a difference, especially when the RAM is virtually the same, and the system bus by many accounts is nominally tweaked.

Drivers on the other hand CAN make the difference, and in this regard, the OP is on the money.
Unfortunately however, he was also correct in pointing out that HTC is unwilling to fork over the extra buck and some change to pay Qualcomm for the appropriate 3D drivers (and/or chipset) to accompany their phones over the past several generations.

I am reluctant to believe that HTC has changed their ways, but would love to read otherwise.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

ckeegan is keeping up the good workckeegan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post

I didn't think it looked choppy at all when he was playing NFS. Maybe it's the computer you were viewing the videos on. I have run TomTom on several different devices, all with basically the same result as in that youtube video. I have no problem with it, because it still succeeds in its purpose, which is to get me from "a" to "b" in a rental car without spending $10/day or whatever it is.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

sircas is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have played with a T-mobile Pro 2 several times in the past several days. I had my Pro and the T-Mobile going head-to-head in the store. The Pro 2 is much faster. The web pages (cnn.com & msnbc.com, SI & other) loaded much faster than my Pro (sprint network).

Now, the Touch Flo was about the same. I could not tell the difference.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2