PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800-> Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

freegood is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch Pro2 for Sprint in June

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauske View Post
In addition to what itouch24 said the capacitive touch screen only respond to the human finger, where resistive touch screen can use both stylus and finger (well anything that come in contact with the screen, hence while your phone is in your pocket it call someone & capacitive that won't happen)..... knowing this the capacitive touch screens are much more responsive than it resistive counterpart!
Nice info.

Does anyone know why Windows Mobile doesn't support capacitative screens or they can't release a patch to support it?
Old 07-24-2009, 11:37 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Exclamation Re: HTC Touch Pro2 for Sprint in June

Quote:
Originally Posted by freegood View Post
Nice info.

Does anyone know why Windows Mobile doesn't support capacitative screens or they can't release a patch to support it?
Don't quote me but I believe the spec won't allow winmo in its current state to use that type of screen. I believe winmo7 might not 100% sure

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 07-24-2009, 11:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

sak211 is just getting started
Re: sprint July 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
if anything, it would just be an unlimited data plan, which is 15bucks..

i dont belive this at all... most people have no clue how to use a blackberry, their user guides used to be as thick as a book.. carriers ae used to people not knowing how to use it... Sprint even offers free assistance to people who need a handson demo after purchase.. They wouldnt set up a program like that, then punish their customers for not knowing how to use a device... besides, sprint buisness acct cust is probably signifcantly smaller than say like vzw, so theyd be screwing themselves over.. why would you limit who can buy the device.. even with a data plan commitment, anyone is still able to purchase the device

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot View Post
I'm with ya when your right. I agree. I have an business account so I'm safe but I seriously doubt its set up like that

well I was relaying what I was told by the rep when I asked about to tp2 and like i said in the post the key word was might so believe what u want but unlike everybody else I only comment or post if i find out something worth talking about thats just my 2 cents for today

Last edited by sak211; 07-24-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Bigchico @ Sprintusers forum is report Sept 6th!!!

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...188772&page=31
Old 07-24-2009, 12:08 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
Bigchico @ Sprintusers forum is report Sept 6th!!!

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...188772&page=31
If this is true we should start seeing some leaked pics or advertising by sprint preety soon here.
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 07-24-2009, 12:16 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

@ sak211 I wasn't discrediting your info just saying that will hurt the phones sale I have an business account with sprint so either way imma get the phone but thanks for your info
Now back to sept 6th? Hmm that's a sunday! Could be true hope so wish it was sooner but hey a lil over a month is not bad and beside evpdiscount may offer it earlier than that! One can hope
Old 07-24-2009, 12:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

sak211 is just getting started

ok I didn't really know what u were trying to say but **** i might wait on the hero if the tp2 doesn't drop soon
Old 07-24-2009, 12:29 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

Thumbs up Re: sprint July 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sak211 View Post
ok I didn't really know what u were trying to say but **** i might wait on the hero if the tp2 doesn't drop soon
Well if the hero drops it will be Q4 like dec. If the sept 6th release is true than that's only 44 days away. Not to bad a wait for me gives me time to weasel my way out of my tmo contract and just have sprint gotta come up with a good idea for them to let me out of my data only contract(have no voice n data plan just straight data) that should be up oct 09 but don't wanna wait that long.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

spunks is a n00b

I think its great that all the major carriers are getting this phone. Now you can actually shop for what they actually provide (the serivice). For people who dont care what serivice they are on, then what ever carrier releases this phone first is going to draw them in, especially if their current carrier doesnt even have a release date. This is why I dont understand why most carriers (sprint,verizon,att in particular) dont have a release date seeing how tmobile put one out. I can only assume its for some internal reason (too much stock of old phones, promoting new ones, ect) that they havent, but isnt keeping customers interested in you a top priority? Waiting for a known date is a lot more tolerable than waiting for the unknown, unless of course your carrier puts out a date thats many months further than another carrier.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jrgolfpro is becoming a great contributor

Look at it this way as well, usually T-Mobile will be the first to release new devices since they are GSM and sure enough, they are the only the carrier so far that has announced the release date so I'm sure the early to mid September release speculations are on track.... I won't doubt we'll hear something before the T-Mobile version comes out since Sprint will not want people that don't follow them like we do and know this phone is coming out on their network to switch carriers on them but until then we'll have to wait and see..... A guy by the name of PokerFace23 on Sprintusers, who works for Sprint read the Playbook on the device and claims the date will be September 6th and along with the TP2, the LG Rumor 2 in orange, Samsung M230, Samsung M330 and Samsung S50 will be dropping that day as well.

Last edited by jrgolfpro; 07-24-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
sprint, touch pro 2, tp2