PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2014, 09:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sanyo mm6800,htc vogue, htc diamond, T-PRO2
Carrier: sprint pcs

taco8717 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to taco8717 Send a message via Yahoo to taco8717
can any help with my black screen of death please?

Hi everyone...i have owed a sprint tp2 in one shape or form since 2011. love the phone...anyway i am having severe standby of death issues...everytime my display goes off for whatever reason be it in call, power button, screen timeout, ect. the screen does not come back on...i have researched several leads such as hard ware software and sleep of death...its wierd becacause even though the screen doesnt display...the touchscreen and everything still work...the hardware keys light up...wakes up when i slide the keyboard out and other than that when the screen is on everything is normal...i have tried flashing different roms including flashing back to stock before custom roms...i have also tried task 28 and task 29 although im not entirely sure if im doing it 100 percent although our rhodium is not a phone for the average newbie and ive been pretty good about figuring things out and staying on point...well if anyone can even point me in the direction of somewhere i can be pointed in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated...thanks.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:59 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Re: can any help with my black screen of death please?

Humm. It sounds like you are having a hardware issue with your LCD cable flex. Are you saying that the screen comes on if you open the keyboard?

Old 04-28-2014, 11:29 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

taco8717 is a n00b

no sry for both of us...thank you for the reply...the screen does not turn back on. the keyboard backlight comes on and the front hardware keys light up. and touch screen is still registering...i can hear it doing things if i press it...and when the screen IS on, it does not shut off when i slide the keyboard (had a problem with that before...lol) everything seems normal...rotates, accelerometer(spelling?) works...i dunno its got me stumped...i HAVE had two seperate occassions where the power button works but the period are brief and go as fast as it comes...wierd.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:14 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

So what you have is a screen that comes on when the phone is first turned on, but will not come back on of the device sleeps?

Or does the screen never come on?

Still sounds like a hardware problem.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:58 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

taco8717 is a n00b

yes the phone does come on...but does not come back from sleep
Old 05-01-2014, 05:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

taco8717 is a n00b

UPCDATE: Soooo i read somewhere about chargers so switched chargers...now what if is the following situation...1. battery power only press power button display turns off...power again produces black screen but comfirmed active by audible end key presses and hardware keys light up.2. through trial and error i have confirmed that if the phone is on with the hardware keys lit...when i plug in the alternative charger the screen pops on and cures my black screen of death. i can take it off the charger and suspend/resume at will.3. double confirmed by multiple experiments leading to a certain charger inducing sod failure and switching chargers with the screen active cures it.maybe this helps in general...ill update to let you know how it goes.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:41 PM
Older than Dirt!
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: sprint

Thundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

So maybe battery isn't putting out enough voltage?
If you leave new charger plugged in, does everything work properly?
Old 05-03-2014, 12:37 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Wow! That is the craziest thing I have heard in a while.
Good thought Thundaar

Sent from my SCH-I605 on the PPCGeeks App
Old 05-03-2014, 02:09 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

taco8717 is a n00b

well so far so good...since i switched chargers i havent had anymore sod issues...it seems all is well...thundaar...i was thinking along the sames lines...either that or i was thinking maybe the usb pins got corroded or something affecting a combination of registry settings...what i thought was bizaare was that i could not adjust my screen brightness settings...also this issue came on very randomly...i had been using that same charger for quite awhile
Old 05-03-2014, 03:46 AM
Older than Dirt!
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: sprint

Thundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Glad all is working out now!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2