PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 09:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: verizon

supermaxkato is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
tried everything, still stuck on splash screen

TP2 I can get into bootloader just fine and have flashed 5 different stock roms (2 shipped and MR1-3). All reach 100% successfully, but after that I get the splash screen for 30 seconds, and then the never-ending reboot begins.

I've tried all of the following without success:
-flashing different stock roms (as mentioned)
-giving the battery a separate charge
-leaving the battery out overnight
-MTTY "boot" command
-MTTY "Task 8" command

When I try to go back to hardspl it just sits at 0%.
I do the believe the problem is the last NV write I did.
I backed up my original though, so if there was a way to copy it back on the phone, it might fix the problem. But QPST needs me in DIAG mode to communicate (same with CDMA).

So I'm looking for any ideas that aren't easily located with Google (I'm close to 6 hours of searching over the past week with no luck).

*If someone can tell me how to use MTTY (or any other program that can communicate with the spl bootloader) to copy NV items, then it might be the fix I need.

No need to post that it's "bricked". Given it's ability to go into bootloader and work with MTTY I can't believe that to be the case. And no warranty for me, so sending it in is not an option.

Thanks for supporting this community (and helping guys like me out).
Old 03-22-2012, 11:59 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Have you already successfully installed the HSPL? If so that explains why shipped roms won't work because Verizon shipped roms don't work well after hspl is installed. I suggest you run Task29 then flash the latest Verizon radio and then flash a custom rom like Lead or Sharkie and provision correctly.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

supermaxkato is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: tried everything, still stuck on splash screen

Thanks Horndoctor.
I will give anything a try. But I did re-lock before flashing the stock roms.
Can you post or give me a link to a Verizon radio (the stickied ones here are all dead).

Also,
I am Sim/CID unlocked with Olipro's purchased unlocker, and have his unlocked radio from his post (WU version) too.

If I can get a locked radio I will try that.

Anyone else have other suggestions?

Last edited by supermaxkato; 03-23-2012 at 02:25 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Wow. This is an interesting situation.

So your device is currently not hspl unlocked because you ran the relocker but it is SIM Unlocked and you have the WU unlocked radio installed? I think you should stick with the WU radio because if you flash a locked one it will relock your SIM.

I think you need to contact olipro and ask them if you can reinstall their hspl since you ran their relocker and ask them how to do it because I don't think you can just run the standard hspl unlock package to unlock after you use their relocker. I think that was a big error on your part. I think you need to get the hspl back on so you can flash any rom or radio. Maybe running that relocker has messed everything up because you are SIM Unlocked and have the WU radio installed and the device won't boot with the locked spl. I'm obviously not sure.

If you really want to attempt flashing the locked Verizon radio here it is:

http://www.4shared.com/zip/NAh7Uiqe/VZW237Radio.html

But I don't think it's a good idea.

Last edited by horndoctor; 03-23-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:15 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Thanks should go to kozmo for uploading that radio.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
items, mtty, nv, qpst, splash