PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM Lockscreen Unlock To Home app

Quote:
Originally Posted by qanda View Post
elesbb,

Ok. I did a registry search for Today.lnk and Home.lnk
No dice on either, but I did find this:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\ Today]

I don't see any .lnk listed under start, only the key Today, but maybe it might help us. Still poking around in the registry, but haven't found much of 'value'. (Pun ..hahaha)

QA
hehe i looked EVERYWHERE and couldnt find a single thing . my other guess is he used direct coding where i used a .dll . like he put direct code to launch the today . he may have also emulated the "end" key press . i could send 'em an email about it . he did help me find the API for the prox sensor so im pretty sure he would help me here .
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2

qanda is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

To All: Food for Thought

Be aware of a file name/function you might see in the Dutty's task manager: XOPOPTRUST.

It seems to occur when you are in the SMS messaging and leave the function open. When the device returns to home screen, the file name appears in the TM. You might see SMS/MMS when it is open, and after you go back to Home, it turns to the XOPOPTRUST.

I discovered it is part of the HTC messaging system. The message is actually a 'popup" from the device telling you the SMS/MMS was not closed down properly. Just X the message in the TM, and close it down. It causes no harm but scares the pants off you if you never saw it before.

If I close the SMS messaging down before exiting, I never get the message in the TM.

Querky but true!

Regards,
QA

Last edited by qanda; 01-10-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

elesbb,

Yes, I agree. It's probably the reason we can't find the shortcut to the Today screen. Hard coding would hide it, and keep us from getting at it.

IF you have worked with AC before, then he might help, developer to developer. It would be nice to know how he gets S2U2 to return to the Home screen every time, no matter where the user is in the device. It's becoming a matter of principle now. lol

Dynamic Links do have their limitations.

Let me know if anything developes.

I haven't heard from Tinker on the subject. She may be fluttering around somewhere else at the moment.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Maybe you guys should check the path for the back (<--) hardware button and see if that would give you the link you are looking for.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

horndoctor,

Maybe you can tell me how? Not having much luck doing that either.

PS: HTC support doesn't have a clue where it is anymore than I do.

QA

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2