PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2012, 06:49 PM
elesbb's Avatar
Super genious in training
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Location: PA
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,198
Reputation: 1600
elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM Lockscreen Unlock To Home app

Here is an app i made for @qanda which allows the user to toggle wether or not they want the screen to unlock to home after the device comes out of standby .

Instruction:
1. Install CAB
2. Look for app in start menu
3. Restart phone
4. Enjoy

Last edited by elesbb; 01-08-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 2 times.
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2012, 07:26 PM
qanda's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Sprint
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 86
Reputation: 65
qanda is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM Lockscreen Unlock To Home app

elesbb,
Super! Battery running a bit low. I'll need to give device a full charge before playing with it. I find less issues result with full battery level. I'll give you a shout tomorrow with results. What a great Xmas present!
Thanks Santa Seth
Regards,
QA
__________________
HTC Vogue,
HTC Touch Pro 2
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2012, 08:24 PM
elesbb's Avatar
Super genious in training
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
Location: PA
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,198
Reputation: 1600
elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM Lockscreen Unlock To Home app

Quote:
Originally Posted by qanda View Post
elesbb,
Super! Battery running a bit low. I'll need to give device a full charge before playing with it. I find less issues result with full battery level. I'll give you a shout tomorrow with results. What a great Xmas present!
Thanks Santa Seth
Regards,
QA
Hahahaah not a problem buddy ! Thanks for the appreciation i hope ohers can get great use of it as well !
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 2 times.
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2012, 11:49 PM
qanda's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Sprint
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 86
Reputation: 65
qanda is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM Lockscreen Unlock To Home app

elesbb,

The app seems to be doing it's thing ok with some exceptions.

1. When first installed, and after initial reboot, an error message popped up about Unlock Screen not functioning: Enable/Disable not detected or something like that. I went into the Start menu, opened the app, enabled it, then rebooted. It worked.

2. I disabled the app and rebooted to see if the error message was reocurr. No error message came up. Don't have a clue why it popped it the first time.

Now, I tried all of the Home Screen tabs that I have on the bottom to see if each would go back to the main Home Screen (Clock/Weather screen) if I left them open, and allowed the device to lock on delay, or manually.

Email boxes: worked fine
Text messaging: worked fine.
Browser: Worked fine.
Any Application in Start menu: worked fine.
Notifications: (top tray) worked fine.
Phone (soft or hard key) worked fine.
Start Menu (soft or hard key) worked fine.

Calender: stayed on whatever calender function was displayed, that is Agenda, or Month. If I used the Menu options and opened New Appointment....that worked, but if I went into Calender settings, it failed to go back to Home
Weather/Stocks and Settings (System): If I used any of these or their menu options, it failed to go back to the home screen
All People (contact list): If I was in the contact list, viewing a contact or in Edit mode, it failed to go back to the home screen

The app does not always recognize when the device is on a sub-screen of one of the scroll bar icons (home screen tabs) such as the Contacts list, or system Settings options, but it did for New Appointment in the Calendar, New Text or New Email messages. Peculiar ????

I remember back in the day when S2U2 was installed, no matter what option was being used, it would always unlock the device to the main Home Screen (Clock/Weather).

Well, you put in a lot of work on this one, and the 'Unlock to Home' certainly satifies my needs.

For me, it's a great addition to my device since most of what I normally need to do starts from the Home Screen.

Good nite my friend.
Regards,
QA

Last edited by qanda; 01-09-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2012, 11:51 AM
elesbb's Avatar
Super genious in training
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
Location: PA
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,198
Reputation: 1600
elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM Lockscreen Unlock To Home app

Quote:
Originally Posted by qanda View Post
elesbb,

The app seems to be doing it's thing ok with some exceptions.

1. When first installed, and after initial reboot, an error message popped up about Unlock Screen not functioning: Enable/Disable not detected or something like that. I went into the Start menu, opened the app, enabled it, then rebooted. It worked.

2. I disabled the app and rebooted to see if the error message was reocurr. No error message came up. Don't have a clue why it popped it the first time.
Heehee xD i changed the instructions , the error you were recieving was a NullReferenceException error pretty much stating the one registry key isnt where the code says it is . which is true , because upon launching the app inside the start menu , the reg key is then created . i changed the instructions :P guess i didnt change them before you read it xD sorry !

Quote:

Now, I tried all of the Home Screen tabs that I have on the bottom to see if each would go back to the main Home Screen (Clock/Weather screen) if I left them open, and allowed the device to lock on delay, or manually.

Email boxes: worked fine
Text messaging: worked fine.
Browser: Worked fine.
Any Application in Start menu: worked fine.
Notifications: (top tray) worked fine.
Phone (soft or hard key) worked fine.
Start Menu (soft or hard key) worked fine.

Calender: stayed on whatever calender function was displayed, that is Agenda, or Month. If I used the Menu options and opened New Appointment....that worked, but if I went into Calender settings, it failed to go back to Home
Weather/Stocks and Settings (System): If I used any of these or their menu options, it failed to go back to the home screen
All People (contact list): If I was in the contact list, viewing a contact or in Edit mode, it failed to go back to the home screen

The app does not always recognize when the device is on a sub-screen of one of the scroll bar icons (home screen tabs) such as the Contacts list, or system Settings options, but it did for New Appointment in the Calendar, New Text or New Email messages. Peculiar ????

I remember back in the day when S2U2 was installed, no matter what option was being used, it would always unlock the device to the main Home Screen (Clock/Weather).
the only other thing i can think of is S2U2 managed to locate the shortcut path for the "Today" icon in the start menu , i searched my Kitchen and .dat files and could not find it for the life of me .

Quote:
Well, you put in a lot of work on this one, and the 'Unlock to Home' certainly satifies my needs.

For me, it's a great addition to my device since most of what I normally need to do starts from the Home Screen.

Good nite my friend.
Regards,
QA
Im glad you like it ! More importantly im glad it works let me know if you need any other programs !
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2012, 12:32 PM
Tinkerbell's Avatar
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Offline
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,228
Reputation: 13345
Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM Lockscreen Unlock To Home app

Great effort guys! Keep up the good work!! =]=]
__________________
PPCG Development Team Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ


Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2012, 04:48 PM
qanda's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Sprint
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 86
Reputation: 65
qanda is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM Lockscreen Unlock To Home app

elesbb,

I figured it was nothing major. Error messages pop up all the time and then go away.

Somewhere toward the end of the other post we were running, I provided the registry entry that should trigger the Home screen. It was around the time we discovered the script would not work on my TP2. It might be beneficial if we can find it again.
It would depend on how C++ handles the registry.
I'll see if I can find it tonight.

Maybe Tinker might have a handle on where the silly Home Screen icon is hiding in the OS?

Regards,
QA

Last edited by qanda; 01-09-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2012, 04:51 PM
qanda's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Sprint
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 86
Reputation: 65
qanda is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM Lockscreen Unlock To Home app

Hey Tinker,

Take a look at the last few posts. Would you have any idea of where that shortcut would be? It is hard coded in the OS?

You cook. What's your recipe for this one?

Regards,
QA
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2012, 04:59 PM
qanda's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Sprint
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 86
Reputation: 65
qanda is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM Lockscreen Unlock To Home app

elesbb,

Ok, I found it. Not sure how to use it.

SetForegroundWindow( GetDesktopWindow( ) )

Does it make any sense to you?

QA
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2012, 05:55 PM
qanda's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Sprint
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 86
Reputation: 65
qanda is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM Lockscreen Unlock To Home app

elesbb,

Ok. I did a registry search for Today.lnk and Home.lnk
No dice on either, but I did find this:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\ Today]

I don't see any .lnk listed under start, only the key Today, but maybe it might help us. Still poking around in the registry, but haven't found much of 'value'. (Pun ..hahaha)

QA
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com