PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

i wish teamviewer supported wm still. Its a very powerfull remote tool. I jump to android boot to use teamviewer since its supported.
I even wrote teamviewer a note asking about support for wp7. no support fo it so far.
I had a cab for teamviewer when they supported it. then with the updates that teamviewer did to the desktop side, the wm program no longer worked.
RDP is still prefered when the client supports it but teamviewer (and even vncviewer) are great alternatives (and easy to work with client and explain how to install them; especially teamviewer).

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 12-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Remote Desktop Problem

I got it working last night. Pretty awesome I must say. My router made it a little confusing for port forwarding. I had private ports and inbound ports and other options that the other how to didn't have. That kind of threw me off.

Anyways, if it's ever needed again, here's my setup for reference.

lol at the onscreen keyboard in the pic, I couldn't find out how to do a print screen from the phone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg remote desk.JPG (44.4 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg untitled.JPG (85.9 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by matchstickredgti; 12-07-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:59 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchstickredgti View Post
I got it working last night. Pretty awesome I must say. My router made it a little confusing for port forwarding. I had private ports and inbound ports and other options that the other how to didn't have. That kind of threw me off.

Anyways, if it's ever needed again, here's my setup for reference.
private port = port of your local ip
inbound port = port of your public ip

The use of it is like this, lets say you have 2 computers you want to remote desktop to that are on the same network.

You setup inbound port of say 53389 to forward to 192.168.0.1 and private port 3389 and then inbound port of say 63389 to forward to 192.168.0.2 and private port 3389..this way you can access multiple pcs.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
private port = port of your local ip
inbound port = port of your public ip

The use of it is like this, lets say you have 2 computers you want to remote desktop to that are on the same network.

You setup inbound port of say 53389 to forward to 192.168.0.1 and private port 3389 and then inbound port of say 63389 to forward to 192.168.0.2 and private port 3389..this way you can access multiple pcs.
oh how I'm reminded of my CISCO classes !
Old 12-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330
Threadstarter

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

So, other than using the onscreen keyboard, is there no way to use a ctrl or alt key?

I can navigate around Windows with only a keyboard pretty well, and it's kind of hard to click the small links or icons and whatnot, so I was hoping there was some other alternative.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2