PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330
Carrier: Sprint

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Remote Desktop Problem

When I'm connected to my wifi at home, I can connect to my PC with my phone, but if I switch to my data connection, it says it can't connect. I've tried my 192.168.x.x IP that the router assigns and I've also tried my public IP.

I also can't connect (to my home PC) if I'm at my friends house, connected to his wifi.

For the 'computer' field, that's where I put my IP. Then my username and password. Domain name is blank, should I be putting anything there. I don't even know my domain name, if I have one.

Should I be trying to connect to the router's IP if I'm connecting from outside my own wifi network?

I have a Belkin router if that helps

thanks
Old 12-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Re: Remote Desktop Problem

yeah wish i could help more , but you have to enter an almost URL looking thing where it says computer .. i forget what it was . im sorry

EDIT: i remember using a third party app which you installed a server client on the PC and then a program on the WM device , i cant for the life of me find the program on my backup hard drive or online . i dont remember what it was called . but it set up and did everything perfectly . it even had options for streaming video as well . like i have a TV tuner on my dekstop and i was able to stream it to my TP2 and watch TV from there i loved it and i hate myself for loosing it

Last edited by elesbb; 12-06-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Sprint/HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7380 Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchstickredgti
When I'm connected to my wifi at home, I can connect to my PC with my phone, but if I switch to my data connection, it says it can't connect. I've tried my 192.168.x.x IP that the router assigns and I've also tried my public IP.

I also can't connect (to my home PC) if I'm at my friends house, connected to his wifi.

For the 'computer' field, that's where I put my IP. Then my username and password. Domain name is blank, should I be putting anything there. I don't even know my domain name, if I have one.

Should I be trying to connect to the router's IP if I'm connecting from outside my own wifi network?

I have a Belkin router if that helps

thanks
These threads should help.

This:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...remote+desktop

Or:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...remote+desktop
Old 12-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ah okay so port forwarding is probably what I'm missing. Can't wait to get home to try it. Thanks horndoctor.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:51 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
yeah wish i could help more , but you have to enter an almost URL looking thing where it says computer .. i forget what it was . im sorry

EDIT: i remember using a third party app which you installed a server client on the PC and then a program on the WM device , i cant for the life of me find the program on my backup hard drive or online . i dont remember what it was called . but it set up and did everything perfectly . it even had options for streaming video as well . like i have a TV tuner on my dekstop and i was able to stream it to my TP2 and watch TV from there i loved it and i hate myself for loosing it
Teamviewer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchstickredgti View Post
Ah okay so port forwarding is probably what I'm missing. Can't wait to get home to try it. Thanks horndoctor.
Yeah, you need to setup a port forward from your public IP to your local IP. I would suggest using a static IP on your local IP and for your public IP, depending on your provider it can change, so I would suggest setting up a dynamic dns.

Also you may want to make a self signed SSL ceritificate and setup RDP to have SSL.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Teamviewer?
they dont make it for the WM platform i thought ? it was very low end i remember finding it on freewareppc.net or freewarepocketpc.com . one of those websites . i actually wish i could find it again :P
Old 12-06-2011, 07:27 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
they dont make it for the WM platform i thought ? it was very low end i remember finding it on freewareppc.net or freewarepocketpc.com . one of those websites . i actually wish i could find it again :P
I doubt its Logmein then..hmm..was it VNC based?
Old 12-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Teamviewer?

Yeah, you need to setup a port forward from your public IP to your local IP. I would suggest using a static IP on your local IP and for your public IP, depending on your provider it can change, so I would suggest setting up a dynamic dns.

Also you may want to make a self signed SSL ceritificate and setup RDP to have SSL.
Thanks for the tip gten, i'll be looking into that as well

To clarify, local would be my router and public would be my PC?

Last edited by matchstickredgti; 12-06-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:59 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:

This?

zaDesktop Windows Mobile phone Pocket PC freeware software mobile download

or this?

Host Explorer v0.04 Alpha Windows Mobile phone Pocket PC freeware software mobile download
Old 12-07-2011, 05:15 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchstickredgti View Post
Thanks for the tip gten, i'll be looking into that as well

To clarify, local would be my router and public would be my PC?
192.168.X.X tend to be your local ips. Your public IP is the IP thats not that lol

(and just in case 127.0.0.1 is your localhost ip, you dont need it for this but jsut in case its not the ip you need)
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2