PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   NEED ANSWER TODAY**** conserning Asurion "warrenty" (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=146988)

elesbb 09-13-2011 10:21 PM

Re: NEED ANSWER TODAY**** conserning Asurion "warrenty"

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2144655)
yes you can get away with it..assuran is not warranty its insurance...they take the phone whichever condition its in....taking it apart like that voids warranty but does not void insurance simply because how TEP is done, it insured the device itself, not the condition of the device...just like when you get car insurance..you can still swap out parts...but for car warranty if you swap out parts (outside the official stores) its voided (I think)

well, if i open it up it does void the warrenty with TEP what happens say down the road (heck next week with these phones) my usb port stops working or i get the horrid SOD ? then i will need to pay 100 bucks for a new one via TEP since i opened it up .... however i dont think they will notice . i was jsut worried there was a void sticker somewhere like there was on my Laptop .

aedon 09-13-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb (Post 2144698)
well, if i open it up it does void the warrenty with TEP what happens say down the road (heck next week with these phones) my usb port stops working or i get the horrid SOD ? then i will need to pay 100 bucks for a new one via TEP since i opened it up .... however i dont think they will notice . i was jsut worried there was a void sticker somewhere like there was on my Laptop .

Nope.
there is one on a fresh device, if you remove the battery and look at the big sticker we talked about, the one with the bar codes, there is a little like 1.5 cm gray square that coveres the sim card port.

You have to cut that off the main sticker to be able to lift the aluminum plate to continue the dissasembly process.

On a refurbished device it should already be cut open.

No worries

gTen 09-14-2011 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb (Post 2144698)

Again...your confusing "Warranty" with "Insurance"..warranty is insured by the manufacturer..when a warranty claim is processed you usually pay nothing..when you are paying the $100 deductible..that is Insurance...not the same thing...

Insurance effectively covers whichever phone is on the line, regardless of condition..hence why when you get a new phone on a line, insurance still stays...

elesbb 09-14-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2144748)
Again...your confusing "Warranty" with "Insurance"..warranty is insured by the manufacturer..when a warranty claim is processed you usually pay nothing..when you are paying the $100 deductible..that is Insurance...not the same thing...

Insurance effectively covers whichever phone is on the line, regardless of condition..hence why when you get a new phone on a line, insurance still stays...

ahh .. ok .. well i swap the screen module just now , gonna put the old one in the mail , hopefully i dont get any fees or anything , if so i'll scream :) lol

horndoctor 09-14-2011 02:02 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb
Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2144748)

ahh .. ok .. well i swap the screen module just now , gonna put the old one in the mail , hopefully i dont get any fees or anything , if so i'll scream :) lol

Send gTen the bill if you get one. He's loaded. :evil4:

eric12341 09-14-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2144842)
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Send @gTen the bill if you get one. He's loaded. :evil4:

fixed ur post to add the mention. I don't think he's ever been wrong about anything yet.

elesbb 09-16-2011 05:20 PM

Okay my new TP2 still has the faulty USB problem im goin to go see if my sprint store can help . then im most likely buying a phone off ebay im fucking finished with this shit .

aedon 09-16-2011 11:54 PM

yeaaaa
i dont blame you.
you can try creagslist too

horndoctor 09-17-2011 12:38 AM

There are a couple tp2s for sale in bargain trader...

elesbb 09-17-2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2145537)

There are a couple tp2s for sale in bargain trader...

eh it was a nice phone , but I'm tired of having everything break on me , I'll probably get a moment or optimus s .