PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My phone finally took a Sh*t

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Unless you are like me and on a family talk/text plan with an "unlimited" data pack add on. The only way Sprint will let me have a droid is if I pony up over $70.00 more a month.

David
then get a WP7 and not a droid, is this $70 more just an exaggeration or is it serious? because sprint doesn't have that much distance between the plans.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
then get a WP7 and not a droid, is this $70 more just an exaggeration or is it serious? because sprint doesn't have that much distance between the plans.
Nope. I'm on Family Talk and text for 69.99 month with unlimited data addon pack and two additional phones at 9.99 each (total monthly bill is 111.00 including taxes. According to the many CSR's I spoke with, my two options are to go with a separate plan ffor my phone whihc would be 69.99 plus 10.00 premium data or go with the family talk/text/data at 129.99 plus 19.99/phone plus 10.00 premium data for my phone.

I thought WP7 phones also required the premium data packages? If not, then that solves a lot of my problems, but as of my last conversation with a CSR supervisor yesterday, there was only one other phone besides the TP2 (I think he said a samsung) that is approved for my current plan.

Sorry to go OT.

David
Old 09-03-2011, 10:00 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Nope. I'm on Family Talk and text for 69.99 month with unlimited data addon pack and two additional phones at 9.99 each (total monthly bill is 111.00 including taxes. According to the many CSR's I spoke with, my two options are to go with a separate plan ffor my phone whihc would be 69.99 plus 10.00 premium data or go with the family talk/text/data at 129.99 plus 19.99/phone plus 10.00 premium data for my phone.

I thought WP7 phones also required the premium data packages? If not, then that solves a lot of my problems, but as of my last conversation with a CSR supervisor yesterday, there was only one other phone besides the TP2 (I think he said a samsung) that is approved for my current plan.

Sorry to go OT.

David
WP7 requires $10 fee as well and new plans...winmo doesn't..

As for the samsung phone..you mean the samsung replenish? I know that doesn't require $10 fee but you still need a new plan as far as I know...don't you?

there is also option of EPRP plans which is 109$ for 2 lines and $15 per line after..(1600 minutes and data included)

so 3 lines would be 125$ and $10 fee on 1 line would be 135$ a month before taxes.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
WP7 requires $10 fee as well and new plans...winmo doesn't..

As for the samsung phone..you mean the samsung replenish? I know that doesn't require $10 fee but you still need a new plan as far as I know...don't you?

there is also option of EPRP plans which is 109$ for 2 lines and $15 per line after..(1600 minutes and data included)

so 3 lines would be 125$ and $10 fee on 1 line would be 135$ a month before taxes.
@gTen ,

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I think it was the replenish that he mentioned.

On a good note, my son is smoking some of his awesome homemade pork on Monday and one of our guests is a manager from a local Sprint store. Maybe I can hit him up for an invite or referral for an EPRP.
...gonna have to buy some more beer....

David
Old 09-04-2011, 01:56 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
@gTen ,

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I think it was the replenish that he mentioned.

On a good note, my son is smoking some of his awesome homemade pork on Monday and one of our guests is a manager from a local Sprint store. Maybe I can hit him up for an invite or referral for an EPRP.
...gonna have to buy some more beer....

David
Anyone can get the EPRP plan..the VP of sprint posted his information

Sprint | Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program

russ.s.mcguire@sprint.com

enjoy
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Anyone can get the EPRP plan..the VP of sprint posted his information

Sprint | Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program

russ.s.mcguire@sprint.com

enjoy
@gTen UhOh..

I read the info on the link and it says that it is for new plans only. There is also a FAQ link that states that current plans are not eligible.

Is there a way to still do this?

David
Old 09-04-2011, 11:31 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
@gTen UhOh..

I read the info on the link and it says that it is for new plans only. There is also a FAQ link that states that current plans are not eligible.

David
I i tried to do that earlier and it was treating me like a totally different customer. if only I had known this 2 years ago
Old 09-05-2011, 12:02 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
@gTen UhOh..

David
yes it does..you can see if support can try to change your account but don't know how successful it will be..

Question is though..what exactly are you trying to preserve? your account or your line?

if its your line then you gotta see if support can do it...if its your account you can try opening a new on then do a ToL to your old account..once done close the other plan...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2