PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2011, 03:04 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Faster Texting on TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
Does kitchen have Sense 2.5?
I remember seeing it somwhere as a cab install.
I am interested to try this version 6.1 and I found it already in my computer sitiing there lol
I am using my TP2 on Tmobile sim while my Evo3D gets replaced.
The dam thing died on me from water damage when putting on a screen protector!

I am still on it and havent experienced the messaging order bug yet and I am guessing your experience may be due to using PIMBackup retoring old texts.
the cab installable sense 2.5 had millions of problems,sense 2.1 runs much better but the messages do get out of order, this is not because of using myPhone or whatever. the best HTC messaging was the one in TF3D 2.1 (The 6.1 stock rom) and the one in blackout rom.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Faster Texting on TP2

In almost every rom I have used, the messaging lags. I type up to 6 or seven words befor the phone types out the first one on screen

Ive made a few skins for the messaging for stock windows text, and I had someone in the app thread ask me to include a certin cab into it that was escentially just a stock threadsms.css file with a tweaked line of code.

The line that was tweaked stopped the phone phone counting the the letters as you type them.

That line of the code had to count every charicter and update the charicter count on your text.
(ie the 0/160 counter)

so that cab removed that line of code so that the phone would no longer keep track of the numbers and from what I read it made the phones texting faster and more capable of responding to the users inoput rather then having to think and count and update as you typed

When I used a stock 6.1 rom, I did notice that the text kept track with what I typed almost perfectly. just a slight lag, but deffinetly not 5 or 6 words behind.

Maybe at the most 2 letters.
But it didnt always have my incomming messages and it did not keep my sent messages, I only used it for a day or so, So there might be a setting to fix that but I didnt care enough to look

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2