PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: flashing a new radio issue

bumping my old post , but i still have yet to figure this out . its driving me NUTS ! seriously guys (chefs) is there some secret as to why i cant flash any other radio except for stock ? even running the stock ROM i couldnt flash any other radio . it would flash ok and then later it would just lag like He11 !!! it drives me nuts i get so much better service with the latest vzw radio i would LOVE to be able to have my custom ROM running with this radio .. ugh . fml
Old 09-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Maybe your issues with the Verizon radio are caused by changes that have been made or are being made to the Sprint Network? Like the changes in the roaming agreements with Verizon and tower changes.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Maybe your issues with the Verizon radio are caused by changes that have been made or are being made to the Sprint Network? Like the changes in the roaming agreements with Verizon and tower changes.

What changes are being made ?? all i did was take the sprint stock rom and extracted it into my kitchen . and removed/added the things i wanted . what recommendations do you have for me ? or anyone else .. ive flashed a million other ROM's and they all work . other people have had the same issue as me with my ROM . i cant stand it

ive tried the dummy fwupdate and sqr but that didnt help

and as far as roaming agreements with verizon and tower changes , isnt that controlled by the PRL ? what baffles me the most is how i can run other peoples ROM's without a problem . this sucks .
Old 09-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:

@horndoctor they're messing with towers down there now? no wonder things were starting to slow down a bit in the evening during my last couple of days there.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb
Quote:

What changes are being made ?? all i did was take the sprint stock rom and extracted it into my kitchen . and removed/added the things i wanted . what recommendations do you have for me ? or anyone else .. ive flashed a million other ROM's and they all work . other people have had the same issue as me with my ROM . i cant stand it

ive tried the dummy fwupdate and sqr but that didnt help

and as far as roaming agreements with verizon and tower changes , isnt that controlled by the PRL ? what baffles me the most is how i can run other peoples ROM's without a problem . this sucks .
Well you said in your first post that the lag happens with any rom when you flash the verizon radio to it. I was thinking that those users that are on verizon may not have issues but maybe you do now since you are on Sprint and there have been changes to roaming agreements which is why there have been so many PRLs released over the last few months. Have you tried comparing both Sprint 1.96 or 2.32 radios?
Old 09-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341
Quote:

@horndoctor they're messing with towers down there now? no wonder things were starting to slow down a bit in the evening during my last couple of days there.
Yes, I have noticed inconsistant speeds and more than the usual call issues lately here. I pray things will get better with tower upgrades.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:

Well you said in your first post that the lag happens with any rom when you flash the verizon radio to it. I was thinking that those users that are on verizon may not have issues but maybe you do now since you are on Sprint and there have been changes to roaming agreements which is why there have been so many PRLs released over the last few months. Have you tried comparing both Sprint 1.96 or 2.32 radios?
yes i have tried the 1.96 radio and that runs fine on my ROM , it just gives me horrible service -.- im 99 percent of the time on 1x with that radio .

and i must correct myself , the lag only happens when running MY custom ROM with the vzw Radio .. but running anyone elses ROM it runs perfect .. so i know its something im doing .. im gonna try taking a stock VZW ROM and goofing around with that , if that doesnt work , then im gonna switch kitchens . i have a feeling it maybe something with osKitchen .
Old 09-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
yes i have tried the 1.96 radio and that runs fine on my ROM , it just gives me horrible service -.- im 99 percent of the time on 1x with that radio .

and i must correct myself , the lag only happens when running MY custom ROM with the vzw Radio .. but running anyone elses ROM it runs perfect .. so i know its something im doing .. im gonna try taking a stock VZW ROM and goofing around with that , if that doesnt work , then im gonna switch kitchens . i have a feeling it maybe something with osKitchen .
IIRC the VZW radio didn't really offer that much of a performance boost over the latest sprint radio, at least not in my area anyway. I would test it on my tp2 but it's WiFi only so I don't know if it would work
Old 09-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
IIRC the VZW radio didn't really offer that much of a performance boost over the latest sprint radio, at least not in my area anyway. I would test it on my tp2 but it's WiFi only so I don't know if it would work
i know it works for me . cause when i have sharkies ROM or something on it gives me phenomenal service over the stock radio . i also noticed that different ROMs gave me different service . what all in the ROM / kitchen is dependent on the signal ?
Old 09-09-2011, 06:43 AM
Banned User

usually ROMS don't have anything to do with signal but it could be the fact that some roms use the 7 bar signal indicator while the others just use the 5 thicker bar signal indicator.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2