PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2011, 09:41 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New to TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by timewaster View Post
well, it looks like my new TP2 comes with the sprint 6.5. So far it hasn't froze on me, but is somewhat choppy/slow. Does the custom rom improve performance?

Some various questions:

The old 6.1 had push Internet. You can schedule a webpage to download so you can view it offline. Did they remove this in 6.5?
This is a sense thing . im pretty sure its still possible as there are so many cabs to disable it . I never really used the stock rom (6.1 or 6.5) so i cant really say

Quote:
Is it possible to get the task manager on the top right with all those other icons (power, phone signal,volume control, etc...)
No . however there are other options . Like Arkswitch and such . Honestly i cant remember off the top of my head . Becaus i use a 6.5.5 ROM now .

Quote:
Is there a way to make a short cut for stuff like turning on/off wifi, bluetooth and changing screen brightness?
Are you talking about in Sense ? or in the default windows mobile today screen ? Cause iits possible in both ..

Quote:
Is there a way to display the number of missed calls, new txt msg, new emails etc on the today screen?
Again in sense or the windows mobile today screen ?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

timewaster is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

well i downloaded cookie's home tab 1.8.5. Its really awesome and solved most of issues.
but i still have some questions/issues:

For email (windows live), it defaults to show each individual email upon start up. How do i change it so it shows me my inbox list instead when i first start it up?

After installing cookie's home tab 1.8.5, there doesn't seem to be an option to edit the HTC sense list of apps (i.e. the bar at the bottom with sprint tv, sprint nav, etc...). I have CHTEditor and don't see an option.

with the sprint 6.5 stock rom, when i click on a button or drop down list from an app sometimes it does not respond unless i open the keyboard. Will one of the custom roms fix this?

and last - is it possible to have your ring and vibrate at the same time?

Last edited by timewaster; 07-03-2011 at 12:26 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:50 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
well i downloaded cookie's home tab 1.8.5. Its really awesome and solved most of issues.
but i still have some questions/issues:

For email (windows live), it defaults to show each individual email upon start up. How do i change it so it shows me my inbox list instead when i first start it up?
Well, i dont use email .. sooo i cant help yeah there :/ sorryy bud .

Quote:
After installing cookie's home tab 1.8.5, there doesn't seem to be an option to edit the HTC sense list of apps (i.e. the bar at the bottom with sprint tv, sprint nav, etc...). I have CHTEditor and don't see an option.
Have you tried CHT 2.0 ? I used it for a little , again i apologize but i use titanium , i hate sense . Ive gotten pretty goood with titanium hacking too . so i love it even more now . But i dont think that is editable .. but dont take my word for it since i never really used it :/

Quote:
with the sprint 6.5 stock rom, when i click on a button or drop down list from an app sometimes it does not respond unless i open the keyboard. Will one of the custom roms fix this?
Classic 6.5 glitch . lml . im pretty sure a custom rom fixes this . Ive only seen this happen on the stock .

Quote:
and last - is it possible to have your ring and vibrate at the same time?
YES !
Goto
Start > Settings > All Settings > Sounds and notifications > Notifications tab

Then make sure under event it lists "Phone: Incoming call"
Then under Ring Type select Vibrate and Ring
Old 07-03-2011, 04:22 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

For your email question, when you say start it up are you talking about when you click on the email tab?

When you say list of apps on the bottom bar I think you are talking about the slider at the bottom. You can change the order or disable tabs by going to Settings and clicking on Customize Tabs. I don't think CHT does that but there have been programs made for editing the slider
Old 07-03-2011, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

timewaster is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

For your email question, when you say start it up are you talking about when you click on the email tab?

yes. i am referring to the slider at the bottom for the "mail" icon.

When you say list of apps on the bottom bar I think you are talking about the slider at the bottom. You can change the order or disable tabs by going to Settings and clicking on Customize Tabs. I don't think CHT does that but there have been programs made for editing the slider
The "Customize Tabs" appears to be missing from my Settings. I vaguely remember seeing it before installing Cookies 1.8.5, so i thought cookies removes it??
Old 07-03-2011, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: SPRINT

jimt29 is keeping up the good workjimt29 is keeping up the good work

Sprint's 6.5 works OK for me but below are my must have programs for the Touch Pro 2:
Total Commander - File Manager
Dutty's Task Manager - Puts the Task Manager back in the upper right corner (see attached image)
Cookies Home Tab
JCM Developments CHTEditor
HTCAddicts CleanRam - Recoups RAM quickly
VistaHide Battery - Puts a pixel high line across the top of the screen indicating battery level - Put the program in your Windows/Startup Folder

There are more but this should help get you going.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg touch pro 2 task mgr.jpg (125.2 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-08-2011, 05:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
thanks guys.
what would i be missing out on if i stick with sprint stock rom 6.1?

If i don't like a custom rom and want to switch back to sprint stock 6.1, where can i get the install files for it?
Since noone has givin you this information yet...

Heres a link to a stock 6.1 sprint rom for the touch pro 2

Heres one for a stock 6.5 sprint rom

Heres one for a custom sprint 6.5.3 rom (Its a like an 'unofficial' official sprint rom. It is exactly like 6.5 but a 6.5.3 version)
And here is a link to that roms page

You can upgrade to either of thees two roms and go back to 6.1 at any time if you feel like it.

I saw something on there about cookies, I love cookies mod. 1.8.5 is very buggy on the touch pro 2 in my experiences running 6.5
and 2.0 consistantly crashed my phone...

however when running 6.5.3, cookies 2.0 had no issues at all... while 1.8.5 would consistatnly crash my phone.

I honestly couldnt stand 6.1
I got my tp2 already running 6.5, but I had to flash 6.1 to test an messaging app I had made to see if it worked on 6.1
I couldnt stand it, it was sooo.... borring lol

I like eye candy I guess.

Last edited by aedon; 07-08-2011 at 05:15 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

I never really liked CHT. memory usage can shoot up to mid 80s low 90s very quickly and then not free up after that until soft reset

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2