PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC Mogul by HTC
Carrier: Sprint

SD619_3bebes is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PLS HELP! PIM backup file is not RESTORING my Calendar! PLS HELP!

I received another manufatcured HTC TP2 since my last one went out once again. I inserted my storage card and attempted to RESTORE my items to my new phone and my CALENDAR is not restoring? Everything else is restoring from contacts, speed dials, tasks, even my tons of pictures but not my calendar! I have removed all my pictures from the storage card to my MAC thinking it could not back up because of sooooo many pictures and NOPE still not backing up.
I ahve also tried checking the calendar item only to restore and nothing else and still nothing. It goes through the cycle stating found 3003 files, deleting, inserting and then a red circle with an X stating it was unable to unzip the file? SOMEONE _ ANYONE PLS HELP!! I do not mind providing you with a donation if you can help me retrieve my calendar. I do not care about restoring my messages the important items for me are: Contacts and Calendar

EXACT ERROR MESSAGES:

X: The zip file containing the custom files backup couldn't be found. Nothing done

X: Cannot restore messages backup for following reason Not enough storage is available to complete this operation. (2 squares here). Nothing done

Last edited by SD619_3bebes; 06-06-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: PLS HELP! PIM backup file is not RESTORING my Calendar! PLS HELP!

Mmm I never used PIM backup but I can help u by providing the following recommendations

if u still have ur other tp2 u can

1) use a different backup software such as sprite backup or SPB backup. there's free trials of each of these programs in the WM marketplace, keep in mind that u must hard reset before restoring this backup as u may get dupes.

2) try connecting the other tp2 to WMDC and sync it with outlook then sync the new tp2 with outlook. (again must hard reset to avoid dupes)

3) try a cloud exchange ActiveSync solution such as Google or windows live hotmail. to set that up follow these instructions

-open AS on tp2 tap menu then add server source, in the server address enter m.hotmail.com or m.google.com then in user name enter ur live ID and password or Gmail address and password, on the next page select what u want to sync and then hit finish, it should then work .

4) try the Microsoft myphone software this can also be found in the WM marketplace or it may be preinstalled if u have the latest stock 6.5 rom, open it and enter ur live id and password select everything u want to sync and then hit sync and restore it on the other tp2. once again make sure u hard reset to avoid dupes. hope these tips help.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:27 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I agree. Try another backup app. Maybe revert to an older backup if you have it? It sounds like something in that file is corrupt. You could attept to import the calendar backup file into a viewer of some kind to try to fix it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
calendar sync, htc touch pro 2, htc tp2, pim