PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT PCS

TheTechGuru is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC TOUCH PRO 2 SCREEN GOING BLANK and Stays There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman626 View Post
SOLUTION!!!!!

The problem IS being caused by GMail IMAP (or perhaps any email IMAP.)

No, it's just Google's IMAP server. My AOL, two Yahoo (1 @yahoo and 1 @att) and MSN IMAP servers are all working great.

I tried readding a gmail account last night and never even could get it to connect anymore. It would just hang at "logging in" and go up to 99% cpu usage. Tried with and without ssl and imap.gmail.com and imap.googlemail.com and all the same.

Google has obviously recently changed the way their IMAP email servers authinticate recently.

This is and they need to offer a fix soon. I'm going to be forced to move my domain with paid google apps off of google apps and onto a different email provider if they do not fix this.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

satuday is a n00b

CONFIRM...gmail IMAP is the coz, gmail with active sync working fine for the last 30 mins. some body need to send Page or Schmidt a email.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Verizon

bhart03 is a n00b

My phone was SODing all the time, I finally set my Gmail to Manual, and made sure it completed before putting it to sleep.

Last night I deleted my gmail account and set it up through outlook exchange and now my gmail is pushed to my phone automatically. It's been over 12 hours now and it is running like a champ! Just another way to get gmail without going through imap.

I followed these instructions:
Setting Up Your Windows Mobile Phone for Google Sync : Mail, Calendar & Contacts Sync - Google Mobile Help
Old 05-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I switched to Outlook email and now it seems to be just fine!
Old 05-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

ALWC is a n00b

Comment from the Google Support Forums:
IMAP Servers Down - Gmail Help
"There is a bug in the new release that went out last night, we're in the process of rolling back. This only affects some clients which issue commands in a certain order.

Rollback should be done in the next 30-60 minutes.

We apologize for the issue."

So glad I found this forum. Was about to return my phone to Sprint.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: VZW

Merrik0002 is a n00b

Wow, really strange! My VZW HTC-TP2 started doing it on Friday, May 20th, 2011.
The screen would go off as normal after a couple of minutes, however, when pushing the "Screen-Button" on the upper left nothing would happen. When a call came in the screen would finally come on and I ahd a chance to operate the phone, but as soon it went dark it was froze again. The only way was doing a reset via the hidden button or taking the battery out. Then it would work for a while. I uninstalled some apps I thought may be corrupted, I even tried a different storage card. Nothing helped.
I had my data on backup via MS-Myphone, so I decided to reflash the phone using the latest VZW_MR3 release with WinMo6.5 and Manila 2.5. The only issue I had afterwards, VZW couldn't verify the phone when I tried placing a call. Eventhough VZW had my EID on file and they saw my phone in the Network it wouldn't receive a 26-digit identification code that you get when doing the *228-Programming. They guided me through the hidden ##778-Menu and I had to enter it manually.
Now I reinstalled all my apps and synced files and contacts, since Sunday afternoon I had no issues at all.
More or less, if you get that "sleeping death", all what you can do is reflashing you phone!
Old 05-25-2011, 07:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Snap S511

1994MGoBlue is a n00b

HTC Snap
WinMobile v6.1

Same issue as almost everyone else has been having the last several days, tmail.exe running high CPU (90%+), phone hot, fast dying in a few hours. Numerous reboots of phone including a battery removal, no help.

I have 2 Gmail accounts and a Hotmail account configured on this phone, both Gmail's are misbehaving (stuck at logging on OR stuck at disconnecting). Hotmail is fine. I was NOT going to change to POP mail.

I did get things working in the last hour and now I'm not sure what the magic bullet was.

1. Put phone in airplane mode
2. Reboot phone
3. Logged on to Gmail (via web) and in Mail Settings -> Labels, I chose HIDE for Important.
4. Turned off airplane mode
5. Manually sync'd email
6. I received 90+ emails from the last several days to both Gmail-based accounts, I also received a text message but that may have been a coincidence.
7. Manually sync'd a few more times and let it automatically pull too, it seems to be behaving.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DX2

three west is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to three west
Thumbs up Re: HTC TOUCH PRO 2 SCREEN GOING BLANK and Stays There

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1994MGoBlue View Post
HTC Snap
WinMobile v6.1

I did get things working in the last hour and now I'm not sure what the magic bullet was.
google rolled back the update that was causing the authentication problem
Old 05-26-2011, 10:18 AM
purpleflux

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I just thought that I would update the thread that now that google rolled back their IMAP changes I no longer have any of these issues with my phone and am able to have my gmail polled on a schedule again. Thanks to everyone who offered input and shared their experiences, it was helpful to know it wasn't happening to just my phone.

I do have to wonder how many phones were returned as defective during this issue.

Anyway, have a great day everyone!
Old 05-26-2011, 04:13 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Awesome!! Glad it is working now. That sounded like a dreadful issue...

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2