PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 04:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT PCS

TheTechGuru is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Peep

I still can't get mine to work.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

mizzourob is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

The best I can figure out is that it is related to a change on Twitter's end, though I can't figure out what they changes at Twitter Status. The LEAD ROM has the security fix in it which was supposed to close the hole of passing credentials in the clear to/from twitter.

Would any of the chefs know if there is a file (or registry entry) on the device that I could modify to force it to login?
Old 05-15-2011, 04:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzourob View Post
The best I can figure out is that it is related to a change on Twitter's end, though I can't figure out what they changes at Twitter Status. The LEAD ROM has the security fix in it which was supposed to close the hole of passing credentials in the clear to/from twitter.

Would any of the chefs know if there is a file (or registry entry) on the device that I could modify to force it to login?
Not sure if this works, but go to reg and make sure password/username is entered here... HKLM > SOFTWARE > HTC > HTCAccountManager ... TwitterPassword & TwitterUsername
Old 05-16-2011, 02:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
Not sure if this works, but go to reg and make sure password/username is entered here... HKLM > SOFTWARE > HTC > HTCAccountManager ... TwitterPassword & TwitterUsername
I checked the registry there and sure enough both the username and password were blank. I then entered them in there, did a soft reset and then tried to login to twitter with no success. In fact the twitter tab was still asking me to enter my username and password (even though they were no in the registery keys, though maybe the password is supposed to be some sort of a hash/authentication token.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Did you soft reset after changing reg settings?

Here is a post from Energy thread that has a couple of links about twitter that may help? Looks like I was on the right track, but it's a little more involved than that? Good luck
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i760
Carrier: vzw

rbyham is becoming a great contributor

crud...had this working fine for last six months had to HR yesterday and now no twitter login. frustrating!
Old 05-16-2011, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
Did you soft reset after changing reg settings?

Here is a post from Energy thread that has a couple of links about twitter that may help? Looks like I was on the right track, but it's a little more involved than that? Good luck
That's great advice; too bad I didn't know that before I flashed the last time so I've got no way to recover the registery keys that authenticate with Twitter. Looks like I'll be disabling that tab and moving to MoTweets instead
Old 05-16-2011, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

head honch is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

if i have an old backup file wouldn't that contain the registry keys? Also being that they're just registry keys there's no way to just write a cab to insert the Registry keys anyways? i tried using moTweets, but it just drains the crap outta my battery
Old 05-16-2011, 08:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by head honch View Post
if i have an old backup file wouldn't that contain the registry keys? Also being that they're just registry keys there's no way to just write a cab to insert the Registry keys anyways? i tried using moTweets, but it just drains the crap outta my battery
I guess it depends on what you backed up if the keys are in it, and I know that registery changes can be converted into a cab. I would assume that there is some sort of authentication token contained in the keys and you probably should not share them (unless you want others to hack your twitter account). Now if we could find a way to get a list from twitter of authorized tokens and be able to compare this data to what is contained in these registery edits, we might be able to resurrect Peep on devices (like mine) that have been flashed since twitter made its changes and before this was a known issue.

For more information on the cab file format see here and to make a cab file see this thread at XDA
Old 05-16-2011, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i760
Carrier: vzw

rbyham is becoming a great contributor

I miss my Peep... I sure hope someone figures this out? Is a solution possible or are we out of luck?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
peep