PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2011, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dream Phone II, 100% Transparent, Final ROM, How to get 150 MB of RAM

Anyone know why the Album program wont let you access any other folders except camera shots? for whatever reason it will not allow me to change to other folders. I'm on energy May18th titanium rom.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

speedyd718 is keeping up the good workspeedyd718 is keeping up the good work

teradog - i can't seem to replace those two shell files in the /windows folder. i downloaded them and placed them on my sd card. when i try to copy and paste either file using file explorer, i get an error message saying i can't copy over the file.
OC'd to 768hz w/ WinMoSpeed 1.06
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:41 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Hey gang..

Yea, the only thing I miss is the weather! But, my main top row icon is weatherbug, setup with only one location... mine. 1 click, done. if u haven't tried it yet,.. free & awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyd718 View Post
teradog - i can't seem to replace those two shell files in the /windows folder. i downloaded them and placed them on my sd card. when i try to copy and paste either file using file explorer, i get an error message saying i can't copy over the file.
1st, someone said they can't even DL anymore.. if you did, great.. easy to make ur own also.

2nd, did you read what I did to make it work? Copy from SD to main memory (example \ root of main memory, and reboot & then copied to \windows. I went round & round with mwalt on this.. I wish I had an absolute for you... tried the SD certs cabs, etc.. but what I just said was what worked for me...

good point... ** note: you have to check the dates to ensure they copied after a reboot!

COUPLE OTHER POINTS
re. There is always this: [MortScript] IPTWeather_20110511 AccuWeather, My Location/Latitude, iPhoneToday/S2U2 - xda-developers

lol... yea was on that for a bit, I just wanted one number.. the temp, started to remind me of cookie..! bulk 20 icons filling the screen, etc.. just too much for me.. simple, simple, 1 click to everything, no sliding bars & crap...

Chuggy don't use album, only total commander for all file & registry work myself. I set it up with: show, view, virtualy 2 window mode. > always keep on SD & < always on internal root \

ALSO (speedyd17 PAGE POOL
re. page pool, don't forget read 1st post & original DP thread... pp of 0 (zero) actually uses TONS more RAM, but the system fly's! if you set a pp of 8, 10 or 12 you should be fine... 10 will use about 10 mB & zero will use almost 30! Setting to zero is not zero, it turns on dynamic allocation & use determined by the system (suppose to give back extra). I use it but each time swear I'm going to flash 10 the next :>))

(because I think Windows still eventually robs you of RAM & doesn't give it back like it should... I've written before about historical issues with Windows & RAM)

Last edited by teradog; 06-06-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

blunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Hey gang..

Yea, the only thing I miss is the weather! But, my main top row icon is weatherbug, setup with only one location... mine. 1 click, done. if u haven't tried it yet,.. free & awesome.
Which exact Weatherbug app did you use? There seems to be Weatherbug Direct, Weatherbug Plugin and Weatherbug Elite. Putting new Titanium on my TP2 in a few minutes. Going to try PP 0 as well.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

speedyd718 is keeping up the good workspeedyd718 is keeping up the good work

thanks for the reply teradog for answering. this setup (which i'm assuming is more stable than cht2.0) may be able to hold me off the darkside longer. i'm a really light user by most standards so i'll keep the 0 pp for now and see how it goes. the os as a whole is a lot snappier. the glitz and glam is nice but the tp2 just doesn't have the hardware to back it. thanks again.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Chuggy don't use album, only total commander for all file & registry work myself. I set it up with: show, view, virtualy 2 window mode. > always keep on SD & < always on internal root \
Not sure if we're on the same page. I use album a lot to view pictures and send them via email. I dont know that i can do that with total commander. On most other roms i can go to album, and change the folders. On energy titanium it seems i can only access my camera shots folder.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:58 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunij View Post
Which exact Weatherbug app did you use? There seems to be Weatherbug Direct, Weatherbug Plugin and Weatherbug Elite. Putting new Titanium on my TP2 in a few minutes. Going to try PP 0 as well.
Weather for Windows Mobile Smartphones - WeatherBug
I never paid for it, it's free... should still be in market place, although I don't think i dl'd from there though, but try it. In the app, help about gives me Version: 2.1.0.48. "WeatherBug, a brand of AWS Convergence Tech..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyd718 View Post
thanks for the reply teradog for answering. this setup (which i'm assuming is more stable than cht2.0) may be able to hold me off the darkside longer. i'm a really light user by most standards so i'll keep the 0 pp for now and see how it goes. the os as a whole is a lot snappier. the glitz and glam is nice but the tp2 just doesn't have the hardware to back it. thanks again.
I won't go Droid, I figured it'll cost me over $1000 a year more than what I have right now & only would be getting around 1.5 MB / sec more with 4 G... (I've got it down so I can get around 2.8 with 3G.. (use field trial, to locate best -db where you live) I've done a bunch of writing on this... read here for more:
Sprint TP2, 3G new fees, forced new plans, no grandfather, no upgrade path

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy View Post
Not sure if we're on the same page. I use album a lot to view pictures and send them via email. I dont know that i can do that with total commander. On most other roms i can go to album, and change the folders. On energy titanium it seems i can only access my camera shots folder.
sorry, i blew through this.. dunno.. Here's how I do it. Go into camera which I have on my main screen, hit the bottom right box with the left arrow on the left side of it, hit the far right icon (bunch of pics together icon), brings up all pics "Camera Shots"..

I never do much more than that... however it does have a "Albums" bottom left softkey you can hit... And in Menu (bottom right softkey) you can "Set Album as Favorite"..

OK GOT IT NOW... I never use it because I've got a thousand pics & it's too slow.. yes, I need to off load them :>)) I just figured it was my overloaded SD

I see what you mean... we need to go into the Energy ROM wiki & write it on his website. the wiki is in red on my sig... I'll do it you do it also, the more the better... post in bugs, you don't need an account to post
Old 06-08-2011, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

blunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

When flashing a new ROM, what do I need to backup to save icon placement and settings in IPT? I read in IPhone Today on XDA to backup icons.xml. Does that save placement and settings?
Old 06-09-2011, 01:09 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunij View Post
When flashing a new ROM, what do I need to backup to save icon placement and settings in IPT? I read in IPhone Today on XDA to backup icons.xml. Does that save placement and settings?
That's the amazing thing.. only the 2 xml's in the program dir!! WAY too easy. Everything else I use PIM backup. done (edit) do use some sashimi to auto install stuff.. re-look at the pics i post in #1, look how small I made them, just like cookie.. plus I can push them around like android..
Old 06-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

i am currently on nrgz 29020 cht 185 rom.
Tried this out before flashing to titanium and having issues with the weather.
Cant get it to change to standard units (the metric = 0 doesnt seem to work).
Then can not get the weather to update at all.

Any thoughts? using Ankeny (which pulls up zip 50015 which is not right at all; should be 50023 or 50021).

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2