View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 01:41 PM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dream Phone II, 100% Transparent, Final ROM, How to get 150 MB of RAM

Hey gang..

Yea, the only thing I miss is the weather! But, my main top row icon is weatherbug, setup with only one location... mine. 1 click, done. if u haven't tried it yet,.. free & awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyd718 View Post
teradog - i can't seem to replace those two shell files in the /windows folder. i downloaded them and placed them on my sd card. when i try to copy and paste either file using file explorer, i get an error message saying i can't copy over the file.
1st, someone said they can't even DL anymore.. if you did, great.. easy to make ur own also.

2nd, did you read what I did to make it work? Copy from SD to main memory (example \ root of main memory, and reboot & then copied to \windows. I went round & round with mwalt on this.. I wish I had an absolute for you... tried the SD certs cabs, etc.. but what I just said was what worked for me...

good point... ** note: you have to check the dates to ensure they copied after a reboot!

COUPLE OTHER POINTS
re. There is always this: [MortScript] IPTWeather_20110511 AccuWeather, My Location/Latitude, iPhoneToday/S2U2 - xda-developers

lol... yea was on that for a bit, I just wanted one number.. the temp, started to remind me of cookie..! bulk 20 icons filling the screen, etc.. just too much for me.. simple, simple, 1 click to everything, no sliding bars & crap...

Chuggy don't use album, only total commander for all file & registry work myself. I set it up with: show, view, virtualy 2 window mode. > always keep on SD & < always on internal root \

ALSO (speedyd17 PAGE POOL
re. page pool, don't forget read 1st post & original DP thread... pp of 0 (zero) actually uses TONS more RAM, but the system fly's! if you set a pp of 8, 10 or 12 you should be fine... 10 will use about 10 mB & zero will use almost 30! Setting to zero is not zero, it turns on dynamic allocation & use determined by the system (suppose to give back extra). I use it but each time swear I'm going to flash 10 the next :>))

(because I think Windows still eventually robs you of RAM & doesn't give it back like it should... I've written before about historical issues with Windows & RAM)

Last edited by teradog; 06-06-2011 at 02:21 PM.