PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 How to Hard Reset? Nothing I Try Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
The hardware way is hit or miss, I noticed. It'll make you feel stupid lol

It sounds like your digitizer has gone bad? Have you tried flashing a stock rom as a way to hard reset?

i think that might just be the best bet
if you can acsess your phone and all that is

just flash a stock 6.5 rom and see if it clears everything up
if it doesnt, then there might be a bigger issue :/
Old 04-15-2011, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

jimt29 is keeping up the good workjimt29 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hard Reset - SOLVED

Egads!

The SOLUTION is really so simple.

I didn't understand the difference between powering off the phone (hold the power button until the phone powers down and just pressing the power button and turning the screen off.

HTC tech support just called (Thank You, Casey) and I/we figured out what I was doing wrong.

I just pressed the power button for a second to turn the screen off. I thought the phone is now "off". It's not.

Anyway with the phone "Powered Off", I just pressed the Send and End keys and then pressed the Power key and the phone was then prepared to do a hard reset if I wanted.

It's just that simple. Or maybe I'm just simple. Anyway now I know how to do a Hard Reset!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:05 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Glad you posted with your results. Glad you got it working there now!

Old 04-15-2011, 08:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep

lol... ya the phone does have to be off for this to work..
I thought you knew that already so i didnt post it :P
my bad
Old 04-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Sometimes the simplest solution is the correct one.

Last edited by Tinkerbell; 04-15-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Sometimes the simplest solution is the correct one.

D:
That picture brings back bad memories lol
When I worked at petsmart in shipping, this was one of the only items that didnt have a space on the shelf, my managers kept telling me to put it on a specific shelf but the bar codes never matched and I wond up getting introuble cause the item never had a home :/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2