PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 11:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Hero, Diamond, TP2, Vogue (sold), Apache (sold)
Carrier: Sprint

urgodfather is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
*PIC* Mystery passcode screen as my phone boots.... ANYBODY?

Ok so yesturday, I was flashing my phone and got stuck in bootloader. It gave me an error but I couldn't read it b/c half of it was covered by the Olinex info. I ended up reflashing SSPL on it to repair it. So, this morning while i was getting ready for school I noticed that the phone wasn't on like I had left it last night. I booted it and got this unusual passcode screen during startup. This isn't the typical windows passcode screen to unlock the phone. This one is different. It only takes up about 1/2 - 2/3 the screen. Its black, and has a green enter button. WTH is it? I'm at school right now, but when I get home later, I will take a picture of it and upload it so you can see what I'm talking about. I don't want to mess with it until I know what it is. Someone PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg passcode.jpg (53.7 KB, 117 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by urgodfather; 03-01-2011 at 12:21 AM. Reason: pic
Old 02-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Have you tried a hard reset? Maybe run Task29 and then reflash your rom.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Re: Unusual passcode screen as my phone boots

Humm... sounds like something went south during your upgrade! =[ Not much you can do from school except try a hard reset.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:43 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

urgodfather is a n00b

Ok, I'm home from school now. However, when I looked at the phone it was off. That's WEIRD b/c I left it on, at that screen, sync'd to my pc. I attempted to boot it again, several times, and it acted as if the battery was dead. It wouldn't go past the initial boot splash. Now that it has charged with the power off for a few mins. it boots up like normal. BUT that passcode screen didn't appear again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Have you tried a hard reset? Maybe run Task29 and then reflash your rom.
No, I haven't done a hard reset b/c I still have the stock rom on the NAND. Before I do that, I need to remove Olinex 1.00 HSPL. I was flashing Radio's last night. PLUS, if this has any relation to anything other than the ROM itself (which it shouldn't), b/c I haven't tampered with the ROM settings/registry/etc. Task29 wouldn't be of much use. All it does is wipes the NAND. I appreciate your suggestion, and do plan on doing that, AFTER I figure out WTH that screen was and what it's for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Humm... sounds like something went south during your upgrade! =[ Not much you can do from school except try a hard reset.
I agree lol.

Since it's not appearing anymore, I'm going to see if I can simulate whatever I did last night b/c I really wanna know about that screen. I've tinkered with PPC's for a few years now, and have owned a TP2 for the last year and NOT ONCE have I ever seen anything like this. I'm not worried about brick'n it b/c its covered by insurance, ANND I can always JTAG it to unbrick it.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:45 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

urgodfather is a n00b

Update on this mysterious passcode screen:

I've tried to simulate the same processes and flashes that I was initially doing the other night and have yet to see this MYSTERIOUS passcode screen. One thing that I forgot to mention is that I did attempt to put in a passcode only once when I first saw it. The passcode that I put in was 0000, but it didn't seem to accept it. What is ironic is that, while I was looking over various info using CDMA Workshop, QPST, and QXDM, I noticed that the LOCK CODE is 0000. Could it be that somehow, I acidently stumbled across a SECURITY LOCK screen? I'm not sure yet, but I'm gonna figure this out. Surely, SOMEBODY has seen this passcode screen.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:39 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Humm.. if we cannot recreate it, it will be difficult to diagnose!! :'(
Old 02-25-2011, 02:51 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Self-Destruct Sequence: 0000
Destruct!!
Old 02-25-2011, 09:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Mystery passcode screen as my phone boots.... ANYBODY?

Quote:

Destruct!!
Silent countdown. No further waring will be given!
Old 02-25-2011, 12:13 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

urgodfather is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Humm.. if we cannot recreate it, it will be difficult to diagnose!! :'(
I know right!!! Ultimate frownie face
I would have worked on it last night but I ended up spending the night at the hospital with a friend.

Quote:

Destruct!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergadgets View Post
Silent countdown. No further waring will be given!
Although that is funny, I'm definitely not buying it. LOL.

I'll update again after I get a chance to work on it.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint/Boost

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My guess is that it has something to do with olinex due to the incomplete flash, that got bypassed after it was off for awhile. iow, the source of it was Olinex, but you'd never see it again unless you present Olinex with a partially flashed rom.

If I helped... Please hit the THANKS button!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
boot screen, passcode screen, tp2, unusual