Old 02-23-2011, 06:43 PM
urgodfather
N00b
Threadstarter

urgodfather is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unusual passcode screen as my phone boots

Ok, I'm home from school now. However, when I looked at the phone it was off. That's WEIRD b/c I left it on, at that screen, sync'd to my pc. I attempted to boot it again, several times, and it acted as if the battery was dead. It wouldn't go past the initial boot splash. Now that it has charged with the power off for a few mins. it boots up like normal. BUT that passcode screen didn't appear again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Have you tried a hard reset? Maybe run Task29 and then reflash your rom.
No, I haven't done a hard reset b/c I still have the stock rom on the NAND. Before I do that, I need to remove Olinex 1.00 HSPL. I was flashing Radio's last night. PLUS, if this has any relation to anything other than the ROM itself (which it shouldn't), b/c I haven't tampered with the ROM settings/registry/etc. Task29 wouldn't be of much use. All it does is wipes the NAND. I appreciate your suggestion, and do plan on doing that, AFTER I figure out WTH that screen was and what it's for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Humm... sounds like something went south during your upgrade! =[ Not much you can do from school except try a hard reset.
I agree lol.

Since it's not appearing anymore, I'm going to see if I can simulate whatever I did last night b/c I really wanna know about that screen. I've tinkered with PPC's for a few years now, and have owned a TP2 for the last year and NOT ONCE have I ever seen anything like this. I'm not worried about brick'n it b/c its covered by insurance, ANND I can always JTAG it to unbrick it.