PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is it me or does the htc pro 2 just suck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
if implying AIM, or IMs are the issue, i use palringo a ton throughout the day... i never have lockups from anything I do.. and Im back and forth between 6.5.x and ADAndroid.. always installing or uninstalling things.. messin with reg.. playing games.. browsing.. calling..texting(not in sense)..

rare, lockups are rare for me... and Im not even OC'd in winMO.. nor do i use an alternate start menu...

If the TP2 did in fact really suck, there wouldnt be the surplus of users a year and a half later like there still is... People wouldve went back to their previous device or jumped to anything to get away from it... yet, thats not what happened..

TP2 definitely DOESNT suck!
I agree with bored about the messaging. I too use Palringo for my gchat and FB chat and have had not probs w/ the phone freezing or locking up on me. I would try that out first

I still use my TP2 every day...even though i am going to get a new phone after the holidays, it has NOTHING to do with that fact that it sucks. For me its because i am a new phone junkie and usually switch my phones every 12 -18 months.
But IMO this a still a great phone and does everything that i need it to do at this point.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

wow what a gran bofetada a la cara to all of us who went out of our way to help u. the phone doesn't suck u suck. try installing the OzIM i attached for u in ur other thread to the device memory and not the SD card and also for some reason if u connect to it using wifi it can bog things down too. haven't yet figured out why it does that. and try one of NRGs standard roms not the ones with CHT i've warned u that it can consume alot of RAM and resources which bogs things down. but yea the tp2 is the best phone i've had.

my history audiovox vx8600>motorola k1m>motorola ve240>HTC TP1>HTC TP2.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

The TP2 sucked last year when it first came out because it was the exact same phone as the TP1 but only with a bigger screen. Comparing it to the iP4, EVO, and the Droid's, the TP2 is just downright depressing.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

chardog is keeping up the good workchardog is keeping up the good work

it's probably more a windows mobile problem than it is the TP2. I had a motorola q9c before the tp2, and it was buggy as shit as well. WM + phone = fail hard.

if you want a really solid phone, opt for android/rim/iphone/symbian. Nothing really comes close to wm reliability (lack of).
Old 12-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I love how Android and apple hipsters tell you about how good their phones are... We can run android off a memory card on our TP2... And Winmo... Windows 95... unbutu... etc.
But all they can run is some free os. or iOS which is just a bunch of windows with icons strewn about and everyone's phone looks just like everyone elses. Oh wait... you can change the picture on the lock screen right? And you can put a cover around it. That makes you different.
Whatever... At least some of us have the sense to look at what's available and make choices on phones based on our needs and our wants and not just on what some guy with a black turtleneck is feeding us via itunes.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

funny how those apple zealots leave their drive by -$0.02 and then never return.

**1st post as VIP**

Last edited by eric12341; 12-08-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

They need to go check with their leader about a comeback. All they know how to do is click on icons and make farty noises with their phones.
oooohhh... vuvuzella!!!!
My brothers in law both have iphones and I have to tell them when an app comes out that may be worth their while... They had no clue about Slackerr Radio or Skyfire or even Wunder Radio... Now they claim it as their own and tell me about how cool those apps are... As if I hadn't told them about them. I don't even bother with it. I just wink and give them a thumbs up hipster style.
p.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:54 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
First of all, go screw yourself punk. I had the TP2 for a whole year than the TP1 for another year before that. Before those 2, I had the HTC Hermes and Blue Angel (XDA IIs). I had Windows Mobile back when it was black and white and it was called CE. Your not schooling me punk.

You need to show respect to people you don't know before talking your crap. I was on this board the day the TP2 came out. What a POS you are, you know nothing about me but your generalizing. Steve Jobs must've raped you in the @ss with all that crap your talking.
ive been with WM for 6 years so i somewhat know what im talking about. all you replied with was your life story you havent once answered about the high rates your paying for the $hitty service your getting with your querido iPhone it must be really terrible combined with the antenna it has. plus you're comparing the TP2 to phones that came out a year after it with better hardware so of course they'll be better than the TP2 the OS as nothing to do with it wheres the justification for that huh tipejo?

Last edited by eric12341; 12-08-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
ive been with WM for 6 years so i somewhat know what im talking about. all you replied with was your life story you havent once answered about the high rates your paying for the $hitty service your getting with your querido iPhone it must be really terrible combined with the antenna it has. plus you're comparing the TP2 to phones that came out a year after it with better hardware so of course they'll be better than the TP2 the OS as nothing to do with it wheres the justification for that huh tipejo?
I been using WinMO since late 90's when it was called CE and they were Black and White and they looked like mini-netbooks. 2ndly, the TP2 sucked when it came out cause it was the same as a TP1 but only with a larger screen and keyboard. I had Sprint SERO also. ATT has been way better than Sprint in my area, with Sprint they gave me a free Airrave because the service sucked so bad and was the reason I quit.

Lastly, I did post earlier how much I paid for ATT service in the Carrier forum which I'll paste at the end, I pay $60 a month including tax.

Anyways, as I said, you need to watch your who the hell your talking down too. Just cause I got an iphone 4 doesn't mean I can't hack it. Mines Jailbroken, I got the HTC clock weather lockscreen and have MyWi for free tethering, among stuff I can't mention on here. WinMo is dead, this ain't 2007 anymore.

Lastly, the iP4 has been the best phone I ever had period and I had plenty, including the Nexus One. I never get dropped calls and nothing beats the retina display. Hate all you want, if there was a better phone, I would've got it, I ain't poor.

pasted from Carrier
"I got the iphone 4 on ATT. I get 25% off corporate discount, so my bills is about $60 total including tax.

I get 450 minutes + 5000 extra rollover + NW & M2M, unlimited data (grand fathered) and 200 text messages a month. I get around the text messaging limit by using a free iphone app called TextFree that gives you unlimited texting to a real number (ad supported, also can make calls too) directly through the iphone.

If I wanted more unlimited minutes, you can use Skype through 3G at 2.99 a month for callouts, but I hardly go over the limit since I mostly just text. Since I got unlimited data and my phone is jailbroken, I can also tether using the Cydia app called MyWi. 3G speed in my area usually goes between 2-5 mbps, its almost as fast as my DSL.

I probably got the cheapest plan you can probably have on ATT, its almost like the SERO 1250 on Sprint I had before on my TP2, but on a much much better phone."

Last edited by NIKKG; 12-09-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey Eric.. You asked in another thread for people to show you what threads you had a bad attitude in? This would be one, right here.

As for the guy here that has an iPhone, leave him alone. Everybody is entitled to choose how they spend their money without having to justify it to anyone, and your comments aren't adding anything to the discussion - They are instigating a fight.

Check your attitude at the door.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2