PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 12:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: sprint

chrislrob is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So close! Importing contacts from Palm Desktop?

Spent about 8 hours over 3 days trying to get this to go. Have tried a half-dozen things already. Read a LOT of threads. Would appreciate any help.

Been trying to import my contacts from Palm Desktop into my TP2.

Got farthest with: export to .csv in excel, add headers, and import into Google. But when I import into my phone via active sync, I can only see the names under "all people" in the phone app. no other info.

I was importing so that I would have phones and addresses.

In Google, I can see all of the info, but it doesn't come down to the phone.

If I double click a name, I see a kind of card in Google it has the name and blank slots for address and phone, etc. BUT the phone info is showing--with headers--in a blank space on the page. As though all of the info was turned into notes that didn't get downloaded.

The info is RIGHT there, but I can't get it onto the phone.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor
Re: So close! Importing contacts from Palm Desktop?

you are using gmail as an exchange email right???

something doesn't sound right with your phone if you are seeing them in one place but not the other??
Old 12-02-2010, 02:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

ntl555 is becoming a great contributor

I used palm desktop before when I had the centro. If your palm is already sync'd with the palm desktop, the information on your phone should then sync to outlook.

I remembered downloading the newest palm desktop and told it to sync with outlook. There should be an option in there. It was that simple.

This is on the centro. Palm Support : Centro Sprint - Outlook 2007 Update (Windows installer) for Palm OS

Palm Support : Centro Sprint - Downloads

I dont know if that will help you, but i remember hating palm desktop.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:54 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Sync Palm webOS with Outlook - contacts, calendar, tasks and notes -- CompanionLink Software found this, but dont think you need it thought.....says will do via outlook or google... ----- google contacts are extremely picky.. I know this from dual syncing my winMO contacts to the XDAndroid side of my TP2... Phone numbers must be in the (555) 123-4567 format or they will not show in googles contacts, only All Contacts.... You need to go back to the Palm side, make sure all your contacts match the format above... it may take awhile to do this depending on your contact list size... after that, re-do the csv file... delete all contacts on google and re-import... everything will be fine on google now.. all thats left is to run exchange on the device... done..
Old 12-03-2010, 02:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor

thats actually very easy to do in excel with the csv.... some simple formula work and you are all set
Old 12-07-2010, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

zachin2036 is becoming a great contributor

This won't help anyone, but it's theraputic for me...

When I bought TP2s for my wife and I, I said "okay now that I just spent $1200 on these things, how do I get my contacts from our old Treos over to the new phone?" The Sprint guy said "there's no way to do it. I don't know, maybe with 3rd party stuff." And then he picked up a phone and my transaction was evidently done

So, I hope you figure it out, OP - if anyone can avoid re-entering all their contacts, it's a definite plus!
Old 12-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

chrislrob is a n00b

Syncing with Google contacts worked well! I had reduced then down below 100, so I just went in and re-formatted the phone numbers in Google to 1 (xxx) xxx-xxxx and synced perfectly!

Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2