PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010, 11:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Markbfay is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This looks like I officially bricked my Sprint tp2??

Well...I've already searched all the bricked threads and can't find one that matches exactly my problem. The bottom line: It won't power up. at all!

Over the last year I have flashed dozens of times on my tp2 with success using NRG roms and just bought an EVO. To sell the old phone I went to flash back to stock Sprint 6.5 and complete the re-locker and in the process of flashing stock rom from the SD card, I bumped the phone and the battery fell out midstream. Now I can't get it to power up at all. Tried the power button, the combo of vol down and power, reset button, charge light won't show, and active sync won't recognize.

Are any of you "gurus" out there wise enough to offer me anything other than "hit the sprint store" and pray real hard?

Thx

mark
Old 11-15-2010, 11:25 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme
Re: This looks like I officially bricked my Sprint tp2??

First off what was the battery level like before this happened? Second why was the back cover off when doing this? Maybe the battery messed up in some way??????

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Pull the battery out for a few minutes, then put the phone into bootloader using volume down and power button until up see the bootloader.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Markbfay is a n00b

The battery was at 90% so it can't be the problem. Also, I had the back off because I had just replaced the sd card with one that had the stock rom. I just hadn't put the back, back on yet.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Markbfay is a n00b

Also, as I mentioned earlier. I have tried the "pull the battery, vol down and power button dance" but no success. won't power up at all. screen is blank.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

leave the battery out for a while then try. you do know that you could of flashed the 6.5 stock rom from htc site and it would of flashed rom and relocked it as well.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 11-16-2010, 12:05 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Markbfay is a n00b

Left the battery out for about 5 min and still nothing using the power button alone or volume down and power button combo to boot. Any other suggestions to get it to boot up?
Old 11-16-2010, 12:21 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

sounds like its punishing u for buying an EVO and wont allow u to sell it to regain some of that cash
Old 11-16-2010, 12:25 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Markbfay is a n00b

Nice Eric! You can imagine after flashing so many roms on the tp2, how painful it was to give it up. You may be right!
Old 11-16-2010, 01:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
leave the battery out for a while then try. you do know that you could of flashed the 6.5 stock rom from htc site and it would of flashed rom and relocked it as well.
Flashing a shipped ROM does not relock your phone...it just puts the stock ROM/radio on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markbfay View Post
Are any of you "gurus" out there wise enough to offer me anything other than "hit the sprint store" and pray real hard?

Thx

mark
The only ways I know of to brick a modern htc phone is to flash a radio not made for the device or unlock with an unlocker not made for the device (ie using GSM for CDMA phone). Was there anything else on the memory card when you tried to flash? I've had flashes fail midway through the process and have always been able to get into bootloader (though that's hard to do if you can't power on ). Does it charge the battery if you hook up the ac adapter (led orange or green)?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2