PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2010, 01:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Lost my deep black homescreen, how do I get it back?

i know exactly what wallpaper he is talking about. he isnt talking about the dull black wallpaper that comes preloaded on the phone in my documents/my wallpapers. he is talking about the jet black background that is set as default when you boot sprint wm6.5 for the first time. it actually isnt a wallpaper at all since when you boot 6.5 for the first time there is no wallpaper selected. i had this same issue when i first upgraded to 6.5. i liked the jet black look and couldnt get back to it. the only way i could ever get the jet black back was to use resco registry then i found the entry in the registry for the sense wallpaper. i deleted the path to the wallpaper that was set at the time and soft reset. that always got me back to the jet black look but i cant remember exactly whick registry entry it is.

heres something you can try to get back to no wallpaper/jet black.
1) go to your home tab and press menu/set wallpaper.
2)select a wallpaper.
3) now move this wallpaper to a different folder using file explorer
4) soft reset

i think this should get you back to the jet black background you are looking for... it should since whenever wm cant find the wallpaper you had set, it reverts back to no wallpaper at all and that is what you are looking for. i used that jet black/no wallpaper look for @ least 3 months after 6.5 came out and tempted to go back lol. let me know if that works or if you need more help
Old 10-17-2010, 06:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Lost my deep black homescreen, how do I get it back?

Hold your finger over the camera lens and take a picture. Use the resulting black image as your WP.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2