PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2010, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo Sprint!! - TP2 Boost Mobile!
Carrier: Sprint - BOOST MOBILE

bigdinog is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Boost rep giving a hard time

What do you mean giving you a hard time? The CSR is just doing his job. Kindly thank him, hang up, and call again. Usually courtesy goes a long way. I have activated many phones with them no problem. Simply say its an old cheap phone, which you do not even know the model number. I would not say Motorola, I have said Incognito though. Works everytime....
Old 11-07-2010, 12:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touchpro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Ray-O is a n00b

Call in 15 minutes before they close 1900 pst so call at 1845
if the esn is clean then try several times u will get it i know was told the same by several people in thi forum and it worked fully functional tp2 on boost
Old 11-07-2010, 07:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Boost

dlanes is a n00b

When I activated mine they just tell me it's not a supported phone so if I have issues then they cannot do tech support. It's always been painless to activate non-boost phones for me.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touchpro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Ray-O is a n00b

Thats fine if you are in the sytem reflash to stock rom do a hard reset like Mbellot said and by the way he helped me out once it is done it will do a handsfree activation and provision your phone for data
Old 11-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

For anyone that has this problem in the future, you can check out Boost CDMA @ HowardForums, where they have documented problems with activating certain TP2s. See this thread, read posts #3 and #6, plus others.

If this helped save you some grief, please remember to click the 'Thanks' button.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bluedeer is keeping up the good workbluedeer is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.549; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Sprint can tell what kind of phone it is by the ESN. They should be able to activate the phone regardless though their computer system may be picky. But if they have made updates to their system and it won't let them, it won't let them. Lying to them won't change anything. They will clearly know what kind of phone you have by the ESN. If they can't help you, ask to be transferred to the technical department. They are more knowledgeable. But lying to them about what kind of phone you have just to try to get them to activate it is plain silly. It's not just a matter of 'plugging it in', there's a lot of programming and software controls involved.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
For anyone that has this problem in the future, you can check out Boost CDMA @ HowardForums, where they have documented problems with activating certain TP2s. See this thread, read posts #3 and #6, plus others.
Good to know. Thank you for the information!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2