PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [tweak] save 20mb of ram with this simple tweak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunebuggydude11 View Post
Here's a cab. Thanks for letting us all know about it!
no problem man and thanks for the cab, ill attach it to the first post.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creedo
Has anyone found that these magic fixes ever actually matter that much? I've read about the start menu fix, this one, the 4096 cache limits, the goodthings2life cab where 3 unnecessary services supposedly use up 20% of your free memory. Then there's the magic bullet regedit to give a huge boost to your internet speed. It seems like most of the time there's a catch and they aren't for real (the cache limit thing is better left at 0, auto-managed... the internet thing doesn't really increase total download speed, just number of connections to the same server)...

Can anyone say that they used one of these fixes and gotten results that made them say "Wow"?

Right now the single biggest fix for me: going from sprint stock to mightyrom. No idea which changes are cooked in that helped, but it's really obvious when I scroll a full block of 16 icons with transparency up and down. They go smoothly now, almost as smoothly as a fresh stock rom with only 3 quicklinks. On the stock rom they took a second to respond and scrolled jaggedly.
WinMo has been around long enough that certain tweaks/fixes have been found to enhance performance. Some have run benchmarks to prove it. In my opinion, ROM Chefs use their experience as well as others to cook tweaks/fixes into their roms which obviously should show enhanced performance after you flash one of their roms. Sometimes tweaking, fixing, or omitting things can cause bugs. That's why some roms can be buggy. It comes down to trial and error and fixing and re-fixing. Have Fun!
Old 09-03-2010, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2, x50v

stcardinal is a n00b

Are you running it with CHT? I'm on the stock sprint rom and I have cht running and it's pretty smooth.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcardinal View Post
Are you running it with CHT? I'm on the stock sprint rom and I have cht running and it's pretty smooth.
im on stock sprint 6.5 with CHT and Dinik's theme. i havent had any issues @ all. how long have you been using it?
Old 09-04-2010, 02:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ctiger is becoming a great contributor
Re: [TWEAK] Gain Up To 20MB Of Ram With This Cab

Interesting, why I have problem with CHT? I'm on stock sprint 6.5 too, and if I reply the txt msg by tap the msg, enter the HTC contact/msg tab, and then wait for timeout or sleep button, it will SOD. Do you have this problem or you don't reply txt the way I do?
Old 09-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiger View Post
Interesting, why I have problem with CHT? I'm on stock sprint 6.5 too, and if I reply the txt msg by tap the msg, enter the HTC contact/msg tab, and then wait for timeout or sleep button, it will SOD. Do you have this problem or you don't reply txt the way I do?
naah i cant say ive ran into this issue. i use the htc messaging client 1.5.2016. have you tried uninstalling, then reinstalling cht?
Old 09-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiger View Post
hey i did a hard reset and didnt install the newer htc messaging. i dont have a problem texting at all. ive texted all morning using the wm messaging and the htc messaging (msg tab) flawlessly... do you have alot of text messages? like 100s?

ive been using this tweak for about a week now with no issues. can anyone else confirm they have used the tweak and notice a benefit from this with no issues?
Old 09-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Vodafone UK

SMF_12 is a n00b

i just installed this on my touch pro 2 and did a sift reset, but it doesnt seem to be using less memory. and i am on stock uk vodafone rom.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMF_12 View Post
i just installed this on my touch pro 2 and did a sift reset, but it doesnt seem to be using less memory. and i am on stock uk vodafone rom.
hmm. maybe the registry key is located in a different location. uninstall the cab and see if your registry has the PreLoadRes key in the same location as stated on th first post.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ctiger is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
hey i did a hard reset and didnt install the newer htc messaging. i dont have a problem texting at all. ive texted all morning using the wm messaging and the htc messaging (msg tab) flawlessly... do you have alot of text messages? like 100s?

ive been using this tweak for about a week now with no issues. can anyone else confirm they have used the tweak and notice a benefit from this with no issues?
I narrowed down the problem to this: if I turn on the CHT lock screen, and the lock on standby, then, if I stay in HTC messaging, let it timeout or push power button to sleep, I won't be able to wakeup at all, for sure. And I tried different platform (touch diamond and tp2) and different system, 6.5 and 6.5.5, all have the exact problem. It's not related to your tweak at all, sorry to mention it here. I went to co0kie's tread, asked this question and the suggestion is to disable the CHT lock screen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2