View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 04:10 PM
horndoctor
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creedo
Has anyone found that these magic fixes ever actually matter that much? I've read about the start menu fix, this one, the 4096 cache limits, the goodthings2life cab where 3 unnecessary services supposedly use up 20% of your free memory. Then there's the magic bullet regedit to give a huge boost to your internet speed. It seems like most of the time there's a catch and they aren't for real (the cache limit thing is better left at 0, auto-managed... the internet thing doesn't really increase total download speed, just number of connections to the same server)...

Can anyone say that they used one of these fixes and gotten results that made them say "Wow"?

Right now the single biggest fix for me: going from sprint stock to mightyrom. No idea which changes are cooked in that helped, but it's really obvious when I scroll a full block of 16 icons with transparency up and down. They go smoothly now, almost as smoothly as a fresh stock rom with only 3 quicklinks. On the stock rom they took a second to respond and scrolled jaggedly.
WinMo has been around long enough that certain tweaks/fixes have been found to enhance performance. Some have run benchmarks to prove it. In my opinion, ROM Chefs use their experience as well as others to cook tweaks/fixes into their roms which obviously should show enhanced performance after you flash one of their roms. Sometimes tweaking, fixing, or omitting things can cause bugs. That's why some roms can be buggy. It comes down to trial and error and fixing and re-fixing. Have Fun!