PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

morrowa2 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ѠѳѺ Ultimate Overclocking Guide For TP2 ѺѳѠ Updated 9/6/2010

Thanks for the guide... I'm new to overclocking, and the 1.666 guide was simple enough to follow. The phone froze at boot though so had to hard reset. Running BigMaxSense Rom though. Could that have anything to do with it?
Old 09-10-2010, 04:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

gono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrowa2 View Post
Thanks for the guide... I'm new to overclocking, and the 1.666 guide was simple enough to follow. The phone froze at boot though so had to hard reset. Running BigMaxSense Rom though. Could that have anything to do with it?
This overclocking method is not rom specific, it works on any rom installed on your rhodium,make sure u followed the guide correctly and before you soft reset you can change the BootTime registry key to 180000 (default is 20000) this will make the overclock kick in at 3 minutes that way if the phone freezes for some reason it will always give you enough time to access your registry and make the changes you need to fix the problem, make sure you follow the guide carefully. (BootTime found in \\Plugins\registry\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Msm7kCpuSpeed\)

MY GAMING CLAN WEB SITE http://l4dhydra.webs.com/
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

morrowa2 is just getting started

Thanks, I will give it a try
Old 09-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gono666 View Post

I want to thank all the people that bashed my thread for giving me motivation to make this guide alot better and easier,to the point of learning how to make .cab files, YES i have created my own cab file to replace most of the steps on my guide,so please enjoy and thanks for drinking haterade!

Glad that we could help inspire you to greatness!
This is turning into a great how to... GOOD JOB!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: SPRINT

Masterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good work
Re: ѠѳѺ Ultimate Overclocking Guide For TP2 ѺѳѠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by creedo View Post
Something I'm surprised more people don't ask, how safe is it? I mean, if you try to go too high can you kill your phone? Or is it just minor stuff like sudden freezes or reboots?

Is it safe enough to just try for the maximum speed once, and if you run into issues, get in there and change the settings before anything serious happens? Some say just try it in steps, increasing speed gradually. How long should I look for a speed to be stable before I decide to try the next higher speed?

If I OC the phone and it somehow burns out, will insurance cover it (assuming you just tell them it died by itself, not admitting you OCed it to hell)?

Has anyone heard of that happening?
You have probably had your question answered but here is my experience.

First I installed an overclock application and manually upped the clock speed one step at a time untill finally at a certian speed it would just freeze the phone. No problem a soft reset put the phone back at stock speed and I would try again. I found out that something like 806ish froze my phone every time i upped to it So I set down a step or 2 to 768. I exited the over clocking program and played around for a few minutes with no problems. I decided 768 was a good speed. I soft reset my phone so it went back to stock speed then I installed the oc auto script so that it would down clock my phone when it went to sleep. I have been running 768 with a safe speed of 604 so I dont get Sleep of death's. I have had no problems yet and no freeze ups. My check interval is 1100 ms or 1.1 seconds.
Programs: PocketIRC, Total Commander, Sprint Arcsoft MMS, Mocha FTP, GCzII, Groovemobile, Dotfred Taskmgr, Resco Radio, Kbd Controller, Explorer ext., Opera Mobile, Opera Mini 5, Skyfire, Bing, Azgard Tower defense, Palm Heros
Old 09-10-2010, 10:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

mr_musiq07 is becoming a great contributor

im about to give this a shot...so does overclocking KILL the battery a whole lot?
Old 09-11-2010, 02:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

gono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by neudof View Post
Glad that we could help inspire you to greatness!
This is turning into a great how to... GOOD JOB!
[/CENTER]
LOL I really mean it... THANKS !
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_musiq07 View Post
im about to give this a shot...so does overclocking KILL the battery a whole lot?
Kinda does but it has not stopped me from pushing my phone to the limit, im gonna post a cab tomorrow with battery tweaks, stay posted!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul-tp-tp2-FINALLY the Sprint Epic

ThaTwizzla is a n00b

when i reboot my phone... i get a message saying.. "Performance level (passed from command line or found in registry) is invalid." wtf did i do wrong??? i followed the steps exactly as directed.. help...?

Old 09-11-2010, 01:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul-tp-tp2-FINALLY the Sprint Epic

ThaTwizzla is a n00b

whooooa and when i opened the msm7kcpuspeed thing... the slider is at 768MHz and it wont let me change it...!! bring it down to the 604... and it shoots back to 768... thats not normal is it....????

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
guide, overclock, performance, tips, tweaks