PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   ѠѳѺ Ultimate Overclocking, Tweaks and Tools Guide For TP2 ѺѳѠ Updated 10/21/2010 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132714)

gono666 08-31-2010 02:42 PM

ѠѳѺ Ultimate Overclocking, Tweaks and Tools Guide For TP2 ѺѳѠ Updated 10/21/2010

7 Attachment(s)

Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ

Disclaimer

Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ

Follow this guide at your own risk ANY DAMAGE to your device is your responsibility blah blah something stuff stuff, so yeah overclocking\tweaking is good but bad if done wrong,well kinda bad even if you do it right since it shortens the life of your CPU\Device.

***All cab files are attached on the bottom of this post***

Overclocking

Version 1.666

Files Needed for version 1.666 of my guide are attached at the end of this post

Instructions

1. Download and install "BulletProof Overclock"
  2. Download and install "Total Commander" and "Msm7kCpuSpeed"
  3. Install "Msm7kCpuSpeed_v2" and run it, change the overclocking speed to 604MHz and click on the "MENU" soft key and select "APPLY SPEED AT BOOT"
  4. Using "Total Commander" go to "\Windows\Startup\" find the shortcut named "SetCpuSpeed.Ink" click and hold on the shortcut to get the right, click menu click on "PROPERTIES" and click on the top tab "SHORTCUT" now on the target line you have to add "/boot" (No quotation " ") to the link location and it should look like this "\Program Files\SetCpuSpeed\SetCpuSpeed.exe" /boot now you can click "OK" Look at picture attached
  5. Using "Total Commander" in the "ROOT MENU" (Look at picture attached) go to "\\Plugins\registry\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Msm7kCpuSpee d\" and find the key "PerformanceLevel" and double click it, now change the value to "40" and click "OK" (Highest stable overclock i have done with no crashes or problems, value 40=768MHz. Stability can SOMETIMES depend on rom build, if you experience instability issues lower this setting)
And... DONE! you can now soft reset your device and enjoy the new improved performance of your TP2! YES ITS WAY EASIER THEN MY FIRST GUIDE! (Version 0.666)

Picture below is to be used as reference for step 4, this is how it should look to have the overclock kick in at device boot time.

Picture below shows "ROOT MENU" or 'MAIN MENU" on Total Commander, as you can see \\Plugins is the first option on the top of the list.

http://l4dhydra.webs.com/root.png

Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ
-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ-Ѻ

Tips and Useful Information

SetCpuSpeed Registry Key Explanation

The following information is for SetCpuSpeed it explains what each registry does to the overclocking process.

Command - (default value: 0) - If set to 1 SetCpuSpeed reloads the parameters and restores Command to 0. If set to 2 SetCpuSpeed restores Command to 0 and terminates itself.

BootTime - (default value: 20000) - If run with parameter "/boot" SetCpuSpeed waits BootTime milliseconds before acting on the clock.

CheckTime - (default value: 200) - SetCpuSpeed checks the CPU clock every CheckTime milliseconds.

SettlingTime - (default value: 10) - Time to wait after restoring CPU clock to safe value (604 MHz).

PerformanceLevel - (default value: 33) - This is the overclock factor, the CPU clock is approximately PerformanceLevel * 19.2 MHz (e.g. 33 * 19.2 = 633.6 MHz).

ScreenOffPerformanceLevel - (default value: 9) - This is the underclock factor, the CPU clock is approximately ScreenOffPerformanceLevel * 19.2 MHz.

PerformanceLevel Reference Tips

Here is some value reference data for the "PerformanceLevel" registry key

44=845 MHz
43=826 MHz
42=806 MHz
41=787 MHz
40=768 MHz
39=748 MHz
38=729 MHz
37=710 MHz
36=691 MHz
35=672 MHz
34=652 MHz
33=633 MHz
32=614 MHz
31=604 MHz
30=576 MHz
29=556 MHz
28=537 MHz

Battery Performance Tweak

Please refer to THIS POST for information on this cab, created by Maxx134, so far i have really noticed a better battery performance i would say at least 30% better, i am currently overclocked at 768MHz. Cab is also attached at the end of this post. Please hit the THANKS button on Maxx134 post he really did an awesome job on this cab!

Advanced Configuration Tool v3.3

Advanced Configuration Tool 3.0 is now available, I did a lot of research and disassembling to give you access to more than 200 tweaks, this new version is fully compatible with HTC Diamond. It includes TouchFLO 3D customization and supports TouchFLO 3D soft-keys mapping.

For complete feature list please go HERE

This are the settings im currently running under the performance settings;

File system cache:
Enabled
File system cache size: 4mb
File system filter catch: 8192 sectors
PNP unload delay: 1500
PNP wait I/O delay: 1500
Glyph cache: 32kb

HTCADDICTS cleanRAM

One solution when your PDA slows down is to reset (reboot) and the another is to use cleanRAM. Welcome to a world without Soft Rest !!

For complete feature list go HERE

Special thanks to the developers and users who made this possible

NetRipper<-----Creator of Msm7kCpuSpeed_v2.
oruam57<------Creator of SetCpuSpeed.
BoominSVX<---For finding the registry key fix causing the crash issue when finishing a call.
Dotfred<--------For his awesome FDCSoft Task Manager.
Christian Ghisler<-For his awesome file manager Total Commander.
Maxx134<------Creator of the awesome battery tweak cab.
schaps<--------Developer of Advanced Configuration Tool.
HTCAddicts<---Developers of cleanRAM.
GoNo666<------For making BulletProof Overclock cab and this guide.

It took me about 1.5hrs to make this guide and about 2hrs making the cab for version 1.666 of my guide i don't ask for donations but i do appreciate if u hit the "Thanks" button, it only takes a couple of seconds to do it. :eek:

FOR THOSE WHO JUST COME IN AND POST THAT THIS IS "OVERLY COMPLICATED,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH" PLEASE RESERVE YOUR COMMENTS OR START A NEW THREAD THIS IS HOW I GOT A PERFECT OVERCLOCK AND IM NOT FORCING ANYONE TO DO IT THIS WAY I JUST THOUGHT I SHOULD SHARE WHAT I KNOW.
THANK YOU
:mrgreen:

ChangeLog

08-31-2010 Wrote version 0.666 of my overclocking guide

09-06-2010 Created my own cab (BulletProof Overclock) and created a modified version of my guide 0.666 which has been updated to version 1.666, also added some screen-shots because a couple of users had problems following my guide.

09-06-2010 Had issues with my new cab,registry errors were fixed

09-11-2010 Some tips and important info was added also added Maxx134 battery tweaks.

10-21-2010 Added ACT and cleanRAM, also cleaned up and re-arranged the post.

twobeaglesjtj 08-31-2010 02:51 PM

Re: ѠѳѺ Ultimate Overclocking Guide For TP2 ѺѳѠ

Bad link for "overclocking files"

Dr.8820 08-31-2010 02:53 PM

great job op, thanks hit!

gono666 08-31-2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobeaglesjtj (Post 1930323)
Bad link for "overclocking files"

Thanks for reporting the bad link, link has been fixed :mrgreen:

bitslizer 08-31-2010 02:58 PM

Why the heck is this so complicated? not that i can't follow it, but basically I just download the Cabs for MSM72kSpeed and SetCPUspeed from XDA and install those and everything works fine already! why need to do all this folders / shortcuts creation?

gono666 08-31-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitslizer (Post 1930344)
Why the heck is this so complicated? not that i can't follow it, but basically I just download the Cabs for MSM72kSpeed and SetCPUspeed from XDA and install those and everything works fine already! why need to do all this folders / shortcuts creation?

If you only install Msm7kSpeed and SetCpuSpeed you will have stability issue when finishing phone calls, to be honest i didnt know that SetCpuSpeed had been packed into a cab file can you please post the link to it maybe the reg fix was added to this cab you are talking about,and BTW alot of users are still lost on how to overclock thats why i made a detailed guide of how to do it.

gono666 08-31-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobeaglesjtj (Post 1930378)
For number 9, where do I find the "root menu"?? Thanks

root menu will be the main browsing menu on total commander where u will find \\\Plugins,My Documents,Program Files,Windows,etc if you click on "\" on the top of the window next the address bar that will take you to the main\root menu of total commander.

twobeaglesjtj 08-31-2010 03:33 PM

When I restart I get an error message after i unlock it that says..the file 'SetCpuSpeed.exe/boot' cannot be opened. It locks the phone up and I have to restart................ What next????

gono666 08-31-2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobeaglesjtj (Post 1930406)
Awesome!!!! Thanks for your hard work!!!

your welcome, and thanks for reading my guide =)

Phen0m 08-31-2010 03:42 PM

I really like OCT v1.5 once i got the hang of it