PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 12:08 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme
Re: wm fails me again!

WinMo = work
Android = Nothing more than a toy...

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 08-25-2010, 12:30 PM
I MADE IT!!!

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudtp2 View Post
i have a tp2 sprint, my first windows mobile device. and it will be my last.

so how does it fail you again if this is your first winmo phone? as bored said i would love you to show me a android or iphone running 2 or now 3 different os's...
Old 08-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavblues View Post
My TP2 does everything I want it to do, and it does it well:

1) Able to view, modify, and send/receive office documents and pdf's. I can even create pdfs from my phone on the fly. It even uses office 2010, not some crappy ripoff that lets you view but not modify the documents.
2) Able to customize the look of my phone at will
3) Tether/mobile hotspot for me (& others). I was just on a trip and the hotel wanted to charge $9.99/day per person for internet access (no lie). No problem - fired up my TP2 and had everyone connect for FREE. Not only did my phone pay for itself that week, the look on peoples' faces when I told them to connect wirelessly through my phone was priceless.
4) View Slingbox and watch live TV. Can even hook it up to in-car screens for the kids on long trips.
5) GPS Nav - free
6) Visual voicemail (& faxes) using my existing PhoneFusion service
7) much more than I can list

No disrespect intended, but I've always considered WinMo devices to be for power business users. I'm pretty sure that's how it's been marketed, and how most of the online reviewers have classified it. You seem to be more of a social user.

This device runs PROGRAMS, not APPS. That's why I bought it, and that's what I like about it. I can integrate pretty much everything from my daily routine and my laptop, which makes my life a hell of a lot easier. I wouldn't be able to do that with an android phone (yet), and I sure as hell couldn't do it with an Iphone.

Your fundamental premise is accurate: development is not as robust as that for other platforms. However, I'm not looking to watch music videos or track my fitness routine. You are, and that's cool, but the fact that you chose the wrong device for your needs doen't mean that the device sucks. It means you chose the wrong device.

I could never live with an Iphone, but lots of other people can. Different strokes for different folks. Next time, maybe do a little more research before you purchase a phone - hopefully you'll make a better choice for your needs.

Everything you just said your tp2 can do an android phone on 2.2 can do it also. I also was able to do all that with my custom rom tp2 and now with my evo I can still do it. Just like you I was on vacation with my family and needed internet so I used my phone as a modem with 4g connection. How is that any different?
How do you know that I am just a "social" user as you said it?
You are right about the tp2 being more for business and that is what I used it for. Now I use the evo as my business phone.
I use my phone for my business all the time and therefore I am a "power business user" as you said it.
The reason you can integrate everything from your laptop to your tp2 is because windows is the os and its made that way. Just like you can integrate everything from a mac into an iphone. That's nothing new.

And your saying "This device runs PROGRAMS, not APPS.", what do you mean by that? You can call it an app or a program, those things that run on smartphones are applications no matter where you run them. There are some applications that can only run on winmo and others that run on android. Can you give me an example of a program vs an application? (that can run on an unlocked/unrooted phone)

My point is not that you can play music and video on a phone and thats it. My point is that you can play music and video and use it for business all at the same time which I am currently doing, all without having stability issues-TP2. As of now I am able to do everything on my android phone that I was doing on my tp2, its just a lot smoother. I can tether, I can run outlook sync, I can use for my business the same way I can do with a tp2. I still love my tp2 and thats why I still have it but like ive proven to myself by using it, its a lot more stable.
I don't need to do any research. My research is having both phones and using them the same way and noticing one phone does it more efficiently than the other and so far my choice for a phone was good...My evo runs better than my tp2. Its as easy as that.

One thing you and I agree on, I couldn't live with iphone either-lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Almost a VIP

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
WinMo = work
Can you provide some details?
Old 08-25-2010, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intercept

L21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to L21Matt

I am curious on how Windows Phone 7 will be since it seems as it's going to be very restricted and controled by MS. I read 3rd party UI's from the carrier and manufacture such as Sense wont be allowed (not a bad thing in my opinion, sense is pretty, but sorta is crap at the same time), No user access to the central file system, and who know what else it's going to restrict. I only skimmed whatever article it was that i read that in. It sorta sounds like its going to be Restricted like crApple.... However, on the flip side, maybe this will be good for MS, I'd love to see the WinPho7 take a bite outta Android and crapple.

I dunno, i'm just thinking out loud here.. i'm in the wrong thread too... lol
Old 08-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Almost a VIP

Yep ,wrong thread but who cares.
It should be interesting to see. Although it will have sense though. Couple weeks back htc made an announcement that there would be sense on wm7 but that it would be trimmed down a bit. I myself live htc sense. Ive been using it since the htc touch. If you have a custom rom tp2 its even better. As for it being restrictive at first it may be bad but it will probably get better. Especially if it gets unlocked. I'm looking forward to trying it out. I like android better then wm but wm7 will probably bring a lot of cool stuff to the table. Like the link between the 360 and xbox live, not to mention the microsoft office compilation that could be useful for everyone, not just business users. It looks like att will be first to carry a wm7 phone. I guess we'll see. I myself want an htc wm7 phone.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2010, 01:26 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
jaja u sure owned that maldito.
lol, i swear i was trying to be helpful at the same time lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post

Plus to do all those things you say you can do with the tp2 requires unlocking it which is just like rooting or jailbreaking. So in that sense your on the same boat as everyone else.
Ummm, NOT ONE thing I mentioned above requires the device to be unlocked... Unlocking the device is for Flashing ROMs,Radios and SIM Unlocking-thats it... and ROMs werent even mentioned above

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
WinMo = work
+1
Old 08-25-2010, 01:38 PM
I MADE IT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
Can you provide some details?

Not to sound mean but if you really need me to explain this I here the android thread is nice this time of year!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

my droid x is just as productive as my tp2 is when it comes to work related situations and in some cases its better. of course my needs may be different from others but in the end it really just comes down to personal preference and what you need out of your device. nothing is gonna be good for everyone!
Old 08-25-2010, 01:51 PM
Almost a VIP

Yep. In the end it's what works for you personally and for me tp2 served me well. Now I an using the evo and that is serving me even better. Either way I'm done going back and forth. I'm happy with the tp2 and now I'm even happier with the android os and my evo and that's that. If you like wm better then good for you, if you like android better then good for you too.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2