PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2010, 12:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bondosho is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can these tethering speeds be correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckton View Post
TMobile sim in Sprint TP2? If that's the case as it appears, you max out at edge speeds. My guess is you were inadvertently piggybacking or misread or misinterpreted the speed.
The TP2 will work on any carrier basically. When I was in the UK, my Sprint TP2 hooked up fine with Orange (with an Orange SIM).
Old 08-15-2010, 12:58 PM
DarkLight

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Just to be safe, don't stand between your phone and the tower...you might end up with a tumor the shape of a TP2.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6875US Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

skuddy is keeping up the good workskuddy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
EV-DO Rev. B is a multi-carrier evolution of the Rev. A specification. It maintains the capabilities of EV-DO Rev. A, and provides the following enhancements:
  • Higher rates per carrier (up to 4.9 Mbit/s on the downlink per carrier). Typical deployments are expected to include 2 or 3 carriers for a peak rate of 14.7 Mbit/s. Higher rates by bundling multiple channels together enhance the user experience and enables new services such as high definition video streaming.
  • Reduced latency by using statistical multiplexing across channels -enhances the experience for latency sensitive services such as gaming, video telephony, remote console sessions and web browsing.
  • Increased talk-time and standby time
  • Reduced interference from the adjacent sectors especially to users at the edge of the cell signal which improves the rates that can be offered by using Hybrid frequency re-use.
  • Efficient support for services that have asymmetric download and upload requirements (i.e. different data rates required in each direction) such as file transfers, web browsing, and broadband multimedia content delivery.
source: wikipedia
im wondering if they made the upgrade like us cellular supposedly did. esp downtown.

if not were you magically connected to wifi?

Current Rom: MR.X 2.5 21903 + CHT 1.8.5
Old 08-15-2010, 06:41 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

if 4G exists now then I'm pretty sure Ev.B is now the standard.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G in the US, TP2 in Prague
Carrier: Sprint/T Mobile CZ
Threadstarter

mplsfalls1973 is just getting started

Just to clarify, I was hooked up the the Wi-Fi sharing account only. There are other WAP's in my building but they are all encrypted with WPA-2 which last I checked would not allow itself to be hacked without any input on my part.

On Saturday evening after the air show was finished my speeds went down to a modest 1.5mbps. I tried again today while most of the residents in this area are at work and again was getting speeds in the 4-6mbps range. When I checked my usage from Sprints website it showed the data I had used.

I know that theoretically EVDO rev.a it is not possible to achieve these speeds, so I acknowledge the posting of the Wikipedia user but these are in fact the speeds my TP2 was transmitting to my laptop through a wireless tether connection. I currently do not have a SIM card in the phone, so it was not using a HSPA connection via T-Mobile or At@t, besides with all the iPhone users I doubt I could get even close to 1mbps in this location. I also do not know if the TP2 would even be capable of recieving TIA-856 rev.b signals.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

slimjimany is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to slimjimany

wow... i think your phone is defective... its too fast... you should return it to the nearest sprint store... jeje..
Old 08-16-2010, 09:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: venison

1900 is becoming a great contributor

While running wifi router

Bring up the dial tab
Go into ##debug#
go to the hdr tab
What is the requested data rate?

Mine fluctuates between 300k and 1320k. Maybe yours will show way higher!
Old 08-17-2010, 01:45 AM
rdwing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

keep in mind if you were downloading a compressed ZIP file (there are also a few others), the computer will show an improper transfer rate. it usually decompresses on the fly and then gives the "total" data rate if you will.

internet exploder is notorious for these false readings.

the TP2 could not do HSPDA or EV-DO rev.b no matter how much you sit and stare at it. the radio just doesn't support those specs (nor can it without changing the broadcom chipset inside), which is quite impossible.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2