PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Review of 4500 mAh extended battery for TP2

Thought I'd review this thing in case anyone else is wondering whether or not it will work with their phone or whether it's worth it.

The link to buy it is here. It's about $100.

If you want to google and find a similar one, it's called the
Mugen Power Sprint Touch Pro2 T7380 4500mAh Extended Replacement Battery with Battery door in Charcoal Gray

SKU/Item number: HLI-T7380EX

They seem to offer it in different versions for Sprint, Verizon, etc. I have the sprint version and it fits fine. There may be no difference between versions except the color.
---

This is the largest extended battery you can get for the TP2. It's about 4x the thickness of a regular battery and comes with a special battery door that looks just like the official TP2 cover, only thicker. With the battery and door, your phone thickness pretty much doubles.

People who keep the phone in their pocket all day, especially while driving or flying, might find it uncomfortable. There is also added weight but I didn't find it to be an issue. Most of the extra casing is empty air.

When I first got it I let it run completely down without charging it. This took a little over 13 hours. I used the phone as usual (which is pretty heavily, playing videos and lots of surfing). I did turn off the display when I wasn't using it. I think someone who uses the phone less could get 15 hours out of this battery. My original factory battery gave me maybe 5-6 hours.

Pros:

-13 hours means you can almost go from waking up to bedtime without recharging.

-Not having to plug in at every opportunity makes it much more convenient to grab the phone while at work or on the road. Sucks to fight with the charging cord while trying to talk.

-You can keep your original battery around if 13 hours is somehow not enough.

-If you usually turn things off to preserve life, you can turn 'em back on (i.e. crank up that display brightness, keep wifi on, keep the G-sensor on, etc)

Cons:

- The bulk means you have to be careful with it. If you drop it, your phone's sure to crack. If you lean against a table or walk close around a corner, the bulge in your pocket might whack against something.

- For 100 bucks, I was hoping for more. Doing the math, the battery lasted as long as it was supposed to, but I was really hoping for more than 13 hours, and it takes a while to reach full charge. Just leaving it to charge overnight for, say, 7 hours... won't bring it back up to full charge.

-The replacement back cover/battery door doesn't seem to snap in quite as firmly, I've popped it off by accident a couple of times.

Overall I'd say this is worth it if you're ever stuck in situations where a recharge isn't convenient... maybe at work or on a long flight. Otherwise, you might as well stick with a regular battery and just plug in where possible.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jonlee83 is keeping up the good workjonlee83 is keeping up the good work
Re: Review of 4500 mAh extended battery for TP2

Hey guys check this out too...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=131418

Verizon is selling their extended battery for $29.99 + free shipping. I dont know if one is better than the other just a FYI...
Old 08-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

no thanks,id rather stick with the standard battery plus my luckypacks1800mah external battery for charging whenever I run low, easy 8 hours on heavy use.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

as i posted in another thread:
or just buy the 2000Mah extended battery that is the same size as regular(stock) 1500Mah and does not require different back nor does it add any weight(ebay for $10 includes shipping). I got this one a while ago:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2000mah-Spare-Ba...ht_2704wt_1137
Its a genuine Andida battery but i didnt get it from this seller(dont remember my seller since it was about 6 month ago) - so make sure you check before you order(there are a lot of fake ones)

When you can tether for free?: D
Old 08-13-2010, 06:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Pesok, any reason why that battery wouldn't work in a Tilt 2?
Old 08-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

Could u post some screen shots!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo Beast Rooted & Unleash!!

turboll is a n00b

are you guys kiddin me when i had my tp2 i could go a full day and half and yes using it a lot thanks to mighty Rom difference was day and nite!
Old 08-14-2010, 01:31 AM
rdwing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

or you can just get some extra batteries, regular size ones I mean.
I dont want a brick in my pocket, an extra battery is very slim and can fit in a shirt pocket.
highly reccomended!
ask around at the sprint/verizon store, maybe they have some extras
Old 08-14-2010, 01:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330
Carrier: Sprint

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

i want to see how big it looks with the casing on and everything. can you take a pic of that lol
Old 08-14-2010, 12:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Threadstarter

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work

I was trying to figure out a way to use the camera to take a pic of itself with mirrors lol. But then I just got lazy and googled and found this:

I guess I just use the crap out of mine. I'm a noob and just have the stock rom, maybe I'll try mighty rom. If the difference is that big, maybe instead of 13 hours I get 20.

Again this may not be the solution if you already have access to recharge spots, or don't mind carrying spare batteries. It's 100 bucks and all the cool kids make fun of you for your bulky 1980's phone.

I personally would rather carry one heavy thing (phone with extended battery) than two light things (less bulky phone with spare battery in shirt pocket) but if I had to do it again, I would probably buy that 2000 mah andida and just keep it in the car. $10 > $100. Hell, I'd buy two.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
4500, battery, battery life, mugen, tp2