PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 11:28 AM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme
Re: Yet another reason to hate this phone.

To perform a Touch Pro 2 hard reset
1. With the device turned off, press and hold the TALK/SEND, END and POWER buttons until you see this message on the screen.

2. Release the TALK/SEND, END and POWER buttons.
3. Press the VOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
Using Clear Storage
If you can access the device settings, you can use Clear Storage to reset your device back to factory default settings.
1. Tap Start > Settings, and then tap All Settings.
2. On the System tab, tap Clear Storage.
3. Enter “1234” and then tap Yes.

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

^ yes, after you hard reset doing the power buttons, go into the phone and reset it AGAIN via the security menu. I believe it's the best way to reset a phone, I was having huge lag problems with a custom rom untill I reset it that way, now it runs smooth as glass. I had even flashed back and forth between the stock 6.5 and the custom rom a few times before that.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2 overclocked to 787mhz
Carrier: sprint

MixIsMobile is just getting started

this happened to me once, i had to hard reset it, not a big deal since everything was backed up to myphone so it's whatever
Old 08-10-2010, 12:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

jamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamio88 Send a message via Yahoo to jamio88

this is exactly why I don't use the password BS.

If you MUST lock you phone just get the "Android like" lock thing. Where you have to draw the image to unlock the phone.
Kernel: #Mean-v0.5.1728
Old 08-10-2010, 01:54 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgecuatro View Post
So i plugged the phone in to charge last night. shortly after it randomly restarted itself as it seems to do often. i checked a text msg, then went to bed.

this morning on the ride to work i go to put my password in and it says its invalid. which is false. i know that its right. is there anyway i can get into my phone without a hard reset, since i have done about 5 already to this the past few months. I am getting tired of having issues just using it for things its meant to be used for.

thanks in advance

For the random soft resets...there is 2 possible ways to fix it.

1) flash a rom with the new HTCServices.dll or get a cab ..

2) Use a none sprint Radio..(This is what I did to fic my random restart issues before the HTCServices.dll came out)

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-10-2010, 06:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC

awill99 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
For the random soft resets...there is 2 possible ways to fix it.

1) flash a rom with the new HTCServices.dll or get a cab ..

2) Use a none sprint Radio..(This is what I did to fic my random restart issues before the HTCServices.dll came out)
My TP2 is not having any such problems on WM6.5
Old 08-10-2010, 09:23 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awill99 View Post
My TP2 is not having any such problems on WM6.5
mine either, unless they were caused by me. i cant get mad athe the phone for that. heres my problem. no matter how hard i yell at the phone, it wont turn in to an evo. anyone else having this problem?

Old 08-10-2010, 09:57 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
mine either, unless they were caused by me. i cant get mad athe the phone for that. heres my problem. no matter how hard i yell at the phone, it wont turn in to an evo. anyone else having this problem?
Have you tried asking nicely?

But the resets don't happen to everyone..but it happens to people with sprint..has something to do with the towers and the phone radio...but the fix that I gave worked for me and other people who had the same issue...
Old 08-10-2010, 06:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Consigliere is a n00b

I first had this problem with my TP2 three weeks ago. It all started with rebooting my phone, then for some reason it couldn't recognize my password anymore and I was locked out. Luckily I did a backup a week before, so I had to hard reset and run my sprite backup file.

But ever since backing up I've had a new problem every weekend since then. Now the phone is lagged by SMS texting it seems. Got the error "the message cannot be signed and or encrypted" when trying to send text. Have hard reset 5 times, backed up files selectively to try to weed out the problem to no avail. Rather than going into detail about this I'm starting my own thread lol. It has been driving me nuts for the past few weeks!
Old 08-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff

Jorgecuatro, I know your frustrations man. Ditch it, I promise you once you get an OS that works you'll be much happier. My TP2 crashed on me twice in two days just a week ago. Stock RoM, Never Unlocked, or Flashed. lost all my contacts everything. got fed up and got a new phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2