PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: rogers

ferrari18 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC TP2 ROM flashing/unlocking URGENT HELP!!!

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and new to this whole ROM thing. I have tried the spl unlocker. Every time I attempt to unlock in automatic, it either tells me that servers are down or some other b.s. When I try manual flashing it says update error. I have tried this on my laptop and desktop. Any help?

When I first got my touch pro 2 (in November) I didnt try flashing ROMs or anything. In January I tried, but failed. Tried again in March, May and now today. Is there any other way I can unlock without paying?

Also, how am I suppossed to establish an Active Syn c Connection in manual mode? Don't I have to but phone into bootloader mode?

PLEASE HELP!!!!
Old 08-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work
Re: HTC TP2 ROM flashing/unlocking URGENT HELP!!!

Barring an issue with the members of the unlocking team, it shouldn't be too complicated, though I recall a few hiccups myself the first time I tried... the first thing you need to do is to download the HSPL CDMA unlocker from the TP2 forum. Next you should active sync your phone to the PC and make sure your battery is above the 50% level. Extract and run the HSPL and it should walk you through the process. Your phone will flash to some rainbow colors and eventually reboot if it worked. If you can't get this far and you are getting an issue when it pings the unlocker website (the unlocker program does this) make a small donation and it will work. They had some issues where shady people were trying to resell the unlocker for a profit, so they limited use on the consumer side, and now charge on the commercial side...
Old 08-03-2010, 08:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

make sure that you are running the SPL as an admin. In Vista or Windows 7 you can right click the file and select "run as administrator"
Old 08-03-2010, 09:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

btstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Make sure your computer is connected to the internet when you run the program.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ferrari18 is a n00b

Thanks for the suggestions! I tried all of those but unfortunately I failed. Would it be effective if I give my phone to a friend (he owns a touch pro) and ask him to unlock and flash a new ROM for me?
Old 08-03-2010, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

btstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Have you tried asking cmonex for help? She's usually very helpful. Also try and re-download the SPL-unlocker; maybe there was a problem with the download.

EDIT: Is your phone a CDMA device? Did you get it from Rogers or on eBay? I thought Rogers was GSM...could be wrong though.

Last edited by btstarcher; 08-03-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ferrari18 is a n00b

Hi btstarcher,

Is there a way that I can contact cmonex? If so, do I just state my issue?

I redownloaded the hspl unlocker and tried it but, it did not work.

Yes my phone is a CDMA device. I am currently using my dad's SIM for his phone which is on Rogers. I am planning to switch to CDMA service once his plan ends in December. I removed the SIM and SD Card and tried flashing but it did not work.

Thanks
Old 08-03-2010, 10:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: SPRINT PCS

alher591 is keeping up the good workalher591 is keeping up the good work

theres a easier and fast way is by flashing by storage card. first make sure u hardspl ur phone this unlocks your phone so u can run custom roms.you can find that here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252. then download ur selected rom and extract to find the RUUsigned.nbh file. then rename that file to RHODIMG. put that on the root of your microsd. once you've done that you have to put your phone in boatloader phone by holding down reset button, power button and lower volume button. then it will ask if you would like to contuine by pressing the power button. then your done! just wait for it to finish and rest.
that link i gave you is for a cdma phone like sprint or verizon.
if u have a gsm phone like tmobile or att you need this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=80265
Old 08-03-2010, 11:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari18 View Post
Hi btstarcher,

Is there a way that I can contact cmonex? If so, do I just state my issue?

I redownloaded the hspl unlocker and tried it but, it did not work.

Yes my phone is a CDMA device. I am currently using my dad's SIM for his phone which is on Rogers. I am planning to switch to CDMA service once his plan ends in December. I removed the SIM and SD Card and tried flashing but it did not work.

Thanks
You could send her a PM, either from here or from XDA. I honestly don't think your friend will have any more luck, since you've already tried from 2 different computers, but hey it might be worth a shot.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

OK I'm an idiot: you need to purchase the SIM unlocker and use a custom radio if you're going to use a GSM network in the US. Sorry about that; I wasn't thinking. Go to http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93867 and purchase the SIM (security) unlocker (also unlocks SPL), then get a radio from here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106571. Hopefully you'll have better luck...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
flashing, htc touch pro 2, htc tp2, rom, unlocking