PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 05:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia, Touch, Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

krazyjack is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 Flashing problems, stuck at bootloader.

Ok, I admit I am completely lost.
My phone began having some connection issues and I started blaming it on the rom I was using. So I flashed to a new rom without incident but didn't like it so had to flash again. I have actually done a few (all Energy roms since June 6th and up) but began having more problems with the connection.
The connection between the computer and phone began to cut out more and more to the point that I began not being able to complete a flash.
Then I came across the 'task 29' method and thought that was probably a good idea, seeing as how my problems could be attributed to old junk piling up.
The format completed and the software began to load onto my phone but stuck at around 20% and that was that. The phone now comes on every few minutes in boot loader mode (but only when connected to some sort of power source) then goes blank.
Windows keeps saying its an unrecognizable usb device and therefore i cannot connect that way.
I've tried flashing from the sd card. Bootloader comes up and immediately goes to the 'loading' screen but does not load and goes back to the bootloader screen, but only for about 10 seconds and goes off again.
So to recap:
mtty isn't working because the phone isn't being recognized by the comp.
flashing from sd card using the methods posted on here not working.

So if anyone has an idea, that would be GREATLY appreciated!
However, as a last resort maybe someone could tell me what should be on that bootloader screen so I'll have an idea whether or not I can go into sprint for their help.
Only thing I can really make out on the screen is (spl-1.00.01inex).

TIA!
Old 06-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: TP2 Flashing problems, stuck at bootloader.

Is the phone fully charged? try a different cable? try a different USB port?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:07 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

maybe a dumb questions... but then again its usually the obvious that bites you...

when trying to flash from SD card, d you have the .NBH file on the root of the SD card and is it renamed to "RHODIMG.NBH"? Also, is your SD card formatted to FAT32?
Old 06-16-2010, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung s3 BABY!!!!

pmeunier is keeping up the good workpmeunier is keeping up the good work

I have had the same types of connection issues but it seems only when I am at work. I work in an area with a TON of radio's and computers that seem to be the source of interferance. maybe its an enviromental issue?
Old 06-16-2010, 09:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

krazyjack is a n00b

thanks for the responses so far.
Yes, different cables, different ports, different computers, all with the same results unfortunately.
File was named properly and, to make sure i covered all the bases, completely formatted the card, fat32.
phone sees the file, says 'loading' then just reverts back to bootloader screen.
As far as I know its completely charged. I've had it connected to the comp, and just to be sure, a wall outlet with a 'charge only' cable.
I've run out of ideas.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

ccleven is a n00b

Mine did the same thing... I had to Flash the new Mightyrom from the sd card because of the issue... Here's my question - the only thing that changed was the last time I flashed a rom, I did so from the sd card... that was the 1st time I ever did it from the sd card... could that be the issue? Can I not flash from usb after I flashed from sd?
Old 06-21-2010, 12:33 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

The HTC Sync drivers for bootloader are messed up on your computer system. thats why the RUU cannot see it once it hits bootloader.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 06-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

krazyjack is a n00b

this would prevent the device from flashing from the storage card?
Old 06-23-2010, 07:45 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyjack View Post
this would prevent the device from flashing from the storage card?
Should not keep it from loading from the SD card.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mdean11 is a n00b

did you have to rename the .nbh file?

Make sure you didn't rename it to rhodium.nbh.nbh thinking you were changing to file extension
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2