PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 10:32 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: YouMail

Quote:
Originally Posted by rand13 View Post
I had no problems setting it up. Dialed the *############ code abd then got the two tones. After that it worked perfectly.

What I would do is go back to square one and try it again.

Let us know if you got it working.
finally got it yesterday.. took one more call to sprint to get the CCFwd # right but its all good now..

youmails wicked after ive taken a real look at it.. its a cheaters tool if they want it to be... you could have custom voicemail greetings for all your gfs and none of them would even know lol..

thanks though OP and others, i had heard of youmail b4 but never looked into it till yesterday.. now i use it.. thanks
Old 07-30-2010, 10:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

rand13 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I'm glad is up and running.

YouMail is one of the funniest services I have seen. Some of my friends are activating it after listening to my messages.

A hacker does for love what others would not do for money.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:57 AM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

yeah after i add some more custom greetings to indivdual contacts (just did 1 for my gf so far) im sure ill have friends asking me how i did that..

question, does "smart greeting" work for you??

it works to the point it says, "sorry, J isnt available leave a message" but it doesnt greet the contact.. ie- no " hello 'contactnamehere' like its suppose to.. i loaded my contacts in the site, should world but doesnt
Old 07-30-2010, 12:43 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

rand13 is a n00b

I tested it using the phone at my home and it worked. It said the name of the owner of the phone but not the name in my contacts.

It said "Hello ____, R is not bla bla bla.

So I guess it kinda works like the caller ID where it gets the name of the owner of the number that's calling.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:54 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

Quote:
I tested it using the phone at my home and it worked. It said the name of the owner of the phone but not the name in my contacts.

It said "Hello ____, R is not bla bla bla.

So I guess it kinda works like the caller ID where it gets the name of the owner of the number that's calling.
maybe thats the case then since i called from one of my other lines to test it.. ill try from a friends phone later on
Old 07-30-2010, 01:17 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

rand13 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
maybe thats the case then since i called from one of my other lines to test it.. ill try from a friends phone later on
Just remember that you have to have the "YouMail Smart Greeting" option selected as your default greeting. I changed mine to the Louis Ashamallah doing an outsourced indian operator greeting.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:31 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

Quote:
Just remember that you have to have the "YouMail Smart Greeting" option selected as your default greeting. I changed mine to the Louis Ashamallah doing an outsourced indian operator greeting.
it was/is... otherwise the standard, not smart greeting, is" the youmail subscriber is not available please leave a message"

i heard the "J is not available", it just didnt greet the contact w/ their name..

ill keep playing with it.. it works so far, just no name in the smart greeting

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
call forward, youmail