PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 11:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

rand13 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
YouMail

Ok, I've read a couple of threads about YouMail but all of them were 6 months or older.

First of all, to the Sprint users, is it really true that the call forwarding is free? They used to charge $0.20 per call.

I really like the option to have different messages on my voice mail but don't want to pay for the service.

And is there another service like YouMail?

Thanks

A hacker does for love what others would not do for money.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

rom116 is becoming a great contributor
Re: YouMail

they do not charge, check out google voice, it's open to the public now and has voicemail options plus you can use a new phone number if you want or a different number for different people
Old 07-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I use google voice too. It's funny as hell trying to decipher the text you get from them if the caller isn't clear or loud enough. lol.
p.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Energy Rom
Carrier: Verizon

Antho777 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Antho777 Send a message via Yahoo to Antho777 Send a message via Skype™ to Antho777

Youmail works great, they don't charge you, and my clients are very impressed when you mail recognizes their number and hearsba personal voicemail just for them. 10 out of 10.

Text message isn't perfect but you get what the person is needing.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:25 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

thought youmail was just iPhone, BB, Android, and Palm??

are you just going to m.youmail.com and runningt hings from your browser?

sorry, never really looked into it until now..im on their page checkin stuff out..

youmail says its NOT 100% free..

What's Premium?

A mailbox that can store 5000 messages or more.
Voicemails that can be up to 5 minutes or longer. These premium features start at just $1.99 a month!

Getting text-to-speech transcriptions of your messages. Text-to-speech plans start at just $3.99 a month,

Some special greetings recorded for YouMail by celebrities.
Outbound freetings 2 minutes or more in length. Custom recording of names not in our database, or your business name.

YouMail Privacy ManagerTM, which captures phone numbers for callers with Blocked or Unknown Caller ID. This extra feature comes with YouMail Pro, which is only $1.99 a month

any of those features have a re-curring monthly charge

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 07-28-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:24 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

rand13 is a n00b

Thanks, I have YouMail running right now. I love all the funny gretting messages. I was worried about Sprint charging me any fees for forwarding the calls, not about the service that YouMail provides cause I'm not going to use the premium service.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:58 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

ok, so i like the idea of YouMail..

went ahead and registered... dialed the 12 digit *xxxxxxxxxxxxx code thing..heard the 2 beeps... A-OK!

when calling though nothing picks up.. i called sprint had them add cond call fwd to the 909 number... it rings for just under 60 seconds, then gives an error code(obviously because the forward to 909 number isnt working) and noone can leave a VM now..

**im on phone with sprint now, re-adding the 909#, maybe last tech put it in wrong**

assuming im still in the same boat after this, anyone have any suggestions??
Old 07-30-2010, 09:15 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

rand13 is a n00b

I had no problems setting it up. Dialed the *############ code abd then got the two tones. After that it worked perfectly.

What I would do is go back to square one and try it again.

Let us know if you got it working.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff

I use Youmail and yes its free. There are no extra charges from sprint. The only down side is each time you call to check your voice mail it subtracts from your minutes.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:44 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

rand13 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBHOLIDAY View Post
I use Youmail and yes its free. There are no extra charges from sprint. The only down side is each time you call to check your voice mail it subtracts from your minutes.
You always have the option to go online to check the messages instead of calling! You wont use the minutes that way

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
call forward, youmail