PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 10:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

kuluminati is keeping up the good workkuluminati is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint GSM TP2

I am a little Jealous, how did you get your Diamond swapped out with a TP2? If I would have known that I would have trashed my diamond instead of buying a TP2. lol
Old 07-08-2010, 01:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

lief4321 is a n00b
Cool Re: Sprint GSM TP2

well they discountinued the diamond and my backlight burnt out so i went to the sprint store and they said that they were going to order me an Instinct which is a symbian phone, and i said that i needed a windows mobile phone because i cant join a domain on a symbian phone so they said they would order me a touch pro 2 because that is the only phone that is a comparable to the touch diamond in all ways some better than others
Old 07-09-2010, 10:20 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

lief4321 is a n00b
Question Re: Sprint GSM TP2

ok i unlocked my sim and everthing using the tool and i still get a message saying no service when i set it to GSM/USMTS mode any suggestions
Old 07-09-2010, 10:28 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

what knida sim card yiou using? pre pay i assume?

Old 07-09-2010, 10:31 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

lief4321 is a n00b

its a sim card that came with the phone from sprint
Old 07-09-2010, 10:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch/ Touch Pro 2

gottago is a n00b

Tthe unlocker merely allows you to use a U.S. gsm carrier's sim. So, you will need to purchase a TMobile or ATT sim card. Also, I don't think you can use the data thru gsm only the voice.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:47 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

lief4321 is a n00b

would the sim card block the device from finding a signal from a GSM provider ?
Old 07-09-2010, 10:54 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

yes. you have to have that providers sim in the slot to even see the signal. you have to get a pre paid us sim card to have it work. the sprint card is for international roaming only, and you dont have to sim unlock it for that to work. its just blocked to us frequencies. over seas, it kicks in automaticly. and as posted above me, you can only talk and text per your cards ageement. ie., 1 credit per minute, 3 text per credit, or whatever. and data will not work on it. atleast it wont be 3g data. if anything, it would be 2g.slow!!!!
i hope you didnt pay for the sim unlocker thinking it would just be free gsm minutes on any carrier of your choice, as it is detailed in the sim unlocker thread that this is not the case.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:04 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

lief4321 is a n00b

i was just wondering, if i press on manual selection of a GSM network in the phone settings tab why does it list U.S. networks? US-Verizon,US-T mobile,US-Att whats a little bit crazy is that they are at the top of the list for the order to connect to a network

Last edited by lief4321; 07-09-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Thr idea behind SIM unlocking is so you can use your TP2 on a US GSM network, but as already stated, you still have to have an active carrier SIM card to access those networks. You could even have two different numbers going to the same phone (GSM SIM account and CDMA account). However they can't both be active at the same time, so you would have to switch back and forth between GSM/CDMA to catch texts/missed calls/voicemail/etc. I have considered making an app that will automatically switch it at a specified time interval, but only if there's enough demand for it...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2