PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Does your manila 2.5 weather tab update over the air?
Updates fine over the air 38 54.29%
Will not update over the air 27 38.57%
Get a clue, boggsie 5 7.14%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 08:03 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Users: call to report if My Location weather is not updating

i think it has something to do with the upgrades we were promised, as i've stated, mine went out in florida right after tmobile said tampa was getting hspa+. i'm in jax, and we're getting it on the 21st, maybe ohio is getting ready for 4g and that's why you're messed up now. it usually goes back to normal, but you've got to wait it out. the tmobile folks said i should drive out of town and see if it's messing up in another town...wth!
Old 07-14-2010, 08:17 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO
Threadstarter

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
i think it has something to do with the upgrades we were promised, as i've stated, mine went out in florida right after tmobile said tampa was getting hspa+. i'm in jax, and we're getting it on the 21st, maybe ohio is getting ready for 4g and that's why you're messed up now. it usually goes back to normal, but you've got to wait it out. the tmobile folks said i should drive out of town and see if it's messing up in another town...wth!
Seriously ?!!? You called support (t-mobile) to raise an issue and they told you to drive somewhere else to get your weather over the air.

I agree ... WTH ???

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 07-14-2010, 08:20 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

I went to a couple stores and they couldn't figure it out, but yeah, they basically told me that lol!
Old 07-14-2010, 11:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

chevy454 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
As stated earlier, I'm a US Cellular customer that had the exact same thing happen, and shortly after we went from 1X-->EV service...fwiw.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

jamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamio88 Send a message via Yahoo to jamio88

i wonder if the tmobile CSE Rep considered that if you "drive out of town" even if the OTA weather updates, its gonna be for the wrong area.

(Side note, as of monday I will be an AT&T Sales Rep and CSE, I can't wait to actually help people, instead of giving them stupid, ludicris answeres).
Kernel: #Mean-v0.5.1728
Old 07-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jordan016 is a n00b

I am also having this problem and i live in central ohio. I just talked to a Sprint rep and they said there is a known issue and it should be resolved in my area by 7-15-2010
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

imitchely is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan016 View Post
I am also having this problem and i live in central ohio. I just talked to a Sprint rep and they said there is a known issue and it should be resolved in my area by 7-15-2010
Well.. its not looking too good for a fix on the 15th... You can never trust a Sprint rep!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

jamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamio88 Send a message via Yahoo to jamio88

Well, It is now the 16th, and I still got jack shit!!

This is simply uunexcusable. Seriously Sprint, Remove you head from your ass and fix my GD OTA Weather.

So just to make sure I got this all correct, with technology today we can make an apple taste like an orange, but I can not update my phones weather app.....WTF FFS?!?!?!

It's times like this I want to buy an Iphone............

...........just so I can smash it in (as I dare not hurt my precious Rhodium....I love her)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jordan016 is a n00b

I just called Sprint back about this issue and this time the Sprint rep wasnt near as nice as the first person i talked to. The lady I spoke to today said the issue is resolved and that i would need to do a hard reset for it to start working....I just did the hard reset and still the same issue. Im going to call back and will have an update to what they tell me soon.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: USCC

tmabell is a n00b

I am a US Cellular user and had the same problem (US Cellular just weant to 3G). I called support and complained, Asking that they fix my problem. They happily sent me a new Touch Pro 2 under warranty. The problem is now gone with the old phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2