PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 08:03 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VZW TP2 @ $29.99: The beginning of the end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitup27 View Post
+100 finally somebody besides me who realizes you don't jump on the "first" of its kind type a phone,i think ppl see specs and forget the "first" of it's kind is merely a stepping stone as to what is already being developed for the next phones in the same lineup that the EVO is in
I treat the phones like I do new cars.....never buy the first year of a brand new model. Always something to be fixed/changes/made better in the next edition.

I like the specs on the EVO but not all the crazy hype of Android. Plus this being the first of the 4g phones (granted, its Sprints 4g and I am on vzw) just doesn't sit well with me for the reasons I stated above.

Now with the Droid X the additional $20 to make it a mobile hot spot seems like another way for VZW to stick it to the user (in the pocket book). Will see how long it takes for that the be hacked and be a free service....

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 06-24-2010, 08:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitup27 View Post
+100 finally somebody besides me who realizes you don't jump on the "first" of its kind type a phone,i think ppl see specs and forget the "first" of it's kind is merely a stepping stone as to what is already being developed for the next phones in the same lineup that the EVO is in
never jump on the bandwagon unless the device is a hybrid like the tp2, so if the price drops horribly I could always unlock it and sell it for GSM use lol

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 06-24-2010, 09:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

aiiee is keeping up the good workaiiee is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
what??? charging to be a mobile hotspot? There'll be 20 new threads about this.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

I am not liking some of the design features of the droid x....that stupid little extension for the camera just kills it...I can imagine that could get uncomfortable sitting in your pocket:

*edit*
Also just noticed, seems like it went back up to 79.99 (for me at least)

Last edited by burtonsnow8; 06-24-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

razgriz1138 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to razgriz1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamey_fields View Post
wow...i just got the tp2 for $80...i guess i should have waited!
If you bought it within the last 30 days, they will honor the price change and give you your money back. They did it for me when my Omnia when from $199 to $129.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

SoFocused504 is just getting started

yeah was the hump on the top of the phone necessary ..would it even sit correct on its back?
Old 06-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The reason they did that was to protect the camera. One of the criticisms of the EVO is that the camera protrudes and the lens sticks out, which will lead to it being scratched and thus useless almost instantly. By creating that ugly bump, they can protect the camera. Its ugly, but i hardly think its a big deal or worth even considering when deciding if you like the phone or not.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2