PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 10:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-gb; HTC Legend Build/ERD79) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Well if it helps any, I don"t use cleanram, and I never have this problem. If you hard reset again, try installing one by one and see when the problem starts.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: TP2 Won't Load Sense for Hours

Yea, the problem you are experiencing is most likely due to the number of emails you have. Sounds weird, but its been pretty well established through a few threads on here. Doesnt make a differance if you disable the tab or not, it still kills Sense. If you hard reset, you will notice the problem return thr instant you sync your email and download the gigantic amount of messages.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Spring
Threadstarter

250 or Point 65 is a n00b

That's not a bad idea. However, my email is set up only to maintain the last 3 days worth of email. At any given time i have between 20-30 emails. Never more than that.

I have started eliminating programs. After my hard reset today I installed everything except OMJFlipClock. The clock flipping annoys my to no end, but thats the one I can live without. We'll see what happens. The windows lock will be next on the chopping block if eliminating flip clock doesnt work.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Alright, so I guess the problem has been figured out. My phone did it again this morning, so I waited about an hour for it to load sense, checked the email box and there had been 3100ish emails downloaded. Awesome.

So now, has anyone got a fix for this so that it doesn't all of the sudden download all messages instead of just the last 3 days?
Old 06-19-2010, 02:23 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250 or Point 65 View Post
Alright, so I guess the problem has been figured out. My phone did it again this morning, so I waited about an hour for it to load sense, checked the email box and there had been 3100ish emails downloaded. Awesome.

So now, has anyone got a fix for this so that it doesn't all of the sudden download all messages instead of just the last 3 days?
What e-mail service? is it pop3, Imap or exchange?

Old 06-19-2010, 03:13 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

3100 emails??? Someone is important! If you are not using exchange, you can declutter your inbox with folders, those won't download to the phone.
Or, get rid of sense (turn it off) and try Mobile Shell. I have a few hundred emails on my phone (full message download, with attachments) and no lag.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

HAHA, I've just had this email account for about 12 years. Bad at deleting unnecessary emails. Maybe I'll do the folder thing, that would do just swell.

Its a yahoo account. Searched a bunch of threads and it seems that this is a problem with yahoo accounts on WM phones. Just all of the sudden it will try to download all your emails instead of what's specified in the settings. (Ploy to get everyone to switch to hotmail/live.com?) HAHA

Anyone seen any fix for this problem?
Old 06-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
HAHA, I've just had this email account for about 12 years. Bad at deleting unnecessary emails. Maybe I'll do the folder thing, that would do just swell.

Its a yahoo account. Searched a bunch of threads and it seems that this is a problem with yahoo accounts on WM phones. Just all of the sudden it will try to download all your emails instead of what's specified in the settings. (Ploy to get everyone to switch to hotmail/live.com?) HAHA

I don't know because all 3 of my emails are set to download all. But I know for a fact that yahoo on your phone won't download the emails in the folders. Sounds like a weekend project with a bottle of crown.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Got one barely opened...like where your head's at.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:

The best fix for this being a Yahoo account is to keep your inbox lean, and use folders. I know I know it sucks cleaning out 3100 e-mails but you will be happier at the end of it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2