PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-gb; HTC Legend Build/ERD79) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Donnna Summer clears her throat.....
Old 06-18-2010, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul,Touch,TP2,Hero,Pre,Evo,Evo Shift,Evo 3d
Carrier: Sprint

undarated is keeping up the good workundarated is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Every rom I flash...

+1 I have never did any of the mentioned steps before or after flashing a rom and I'm a hardcore flashaholic. I've been that way since my mogul and vogue days. It's no different now that I have the tp2. If i see a rom I wanna try, I'll download it and run it.

I'm not saying that task 29 or any other app of its kind are a bad or good idea but, out of the hundreds of roms I've flashed on multiple devices, I can't see why I would need them.

Could just some phones are funny like that but I highly doubt it. It's gotta be something else going on if it happens on every rom you flash
Old 06-18-2010, 02:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

In my experience I have found that issue to be caused by the video driver. Typically in my ROM I use Xperia X2 driver. It hasn't let me down. I don't think anyway.

Droidrox39
Old 06-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiestogene View Post
I do have a few questions. Ever since I have flashed roms they always seem to be buggy. Even the Stable ones. For example Mighty, and Mr. X (Great ROMs). There must be something I am missing. 1/4 times when texting the texting bar goes all out of wack and I have to exit back to the main screen to try and clear it. When I flash roms I run Task 29 and then flash the rom over. Its happened to every rom I have. So is there something I'm missing? Maybe leaving the sd card or sim card in? Any help would be appreciated.

That's how custom roms work buddy! You'll be hard pressed to find one that has no problems and everything is perfect.

Old 06-18-2010, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBHOLIDAY View Post
That's how custom roms work buddy! You'll be hard pressed to find one that has no problems and everything is perfect.
Absolutely so. I've flashed a multitude of custom ROMs on my previous two PDAs but that was always to get an OS upgrade that I wouldn't get otherwise (e.g. WM5 -> WM6 on Axim).

From what I am seeing so far, Sprint's stock WM6.5 ROM isn't bad and I don't know what I could get by flashing, other than saving some space.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2