PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Arterion is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Arterion Send a message via MSN to Arterion Send a message via Yahoo to Arterion
Re: Will The New HTC Messenging Client v1.8 Work On TP2?

Like I said earlier, it can be set to receive for Sprint, but sending will appear to work, but doesn't. An ideal solution would be to figure out how to use Arcsoft to send MMS and use HTC to receive them, but I don't do enough MMS to put time into it right now. For the moment I'm using sMMS to send pictures, and receiving them with HTC.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:06 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arterion View Post
Like I said earlier, it can be set to receive for Sprint, but sending will appear to work, but doesn't. An ideal solution would be to figure out how to use Arcsoft to send MMS and use HTC to receive them, but I don't do enough MMS to put time into it right now. For the moment I'm using sMMS to send pictures, and receiving them with HTC.
I would like to find out how to have both the stock sms and htc sms at the same time, right now when i cook it in i can not get back to the normal tmail sms...does anyone know of a way to force both? (Have a shortcut for each)
Old 06-27-2010, 01:04 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
Holy wow... And I thought I had spent a lot of time in the registry trying to figure this out...
LOL.....I have had Mikee on the mission for quite sometime...he is the man!!
Old 07-11-2010, 03:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

silkassassain is just getting started

has anyone looked at this?
http://www.htc.com/europe/SupportDow...at=0&dl_id=990

Old 07-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkassassain View Post
There is a thread I started for this already.......................

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=127723

Old 07-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

So just thought I'd put in my two cents, i had this running on both MightyMike's Full Force and most recent official release and currently on Vin's Plutonium ROM. MMS does not work in the messaging client for me but it does still recieve in the WinMo app. If i get an MMS I go to Start-->Messaging-->Text Messages and can open up the MMS from there. I have Inmuts Arcsoft installed and never had to do anything else to it, it just works like that automatically for me. I send MMS from the WinMo app as well.

The only thing i would like is on the 'stock' HTC messaging app if you got an MMS there was a little button in the HTC messaging that was in the threaded view, and tapping this would open up the MMS as well. That would be nice to enable. When i tried to do the MMS fix it jus set it up to download in the Messaging client but honestly, for me, this setup is satisfactory.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Arterion is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Arterion Send a message via MSN to Arterion Send a message via Yahoo to Arterion

I think an ideal Sprint solution would be to receive MMS with HTC, and send MMS with Arcsoft, but I don't know how to configure that.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

When I installed the Cab that Mr. X made I could not access WM messagning client, it always took me to the HTC messenger.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
When I installed the Cab that Mr. X made I could not access WM messagning client, it always took me to the HTC messenger.
after installing this, to access WM Messaging i had to go to Start--->messaging--->SMS
Old 07-17-2010, 08:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile 6.1

iPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The 1.8 HTC Messaging client works perfectly with the secure box if you get it from XDA. The only problem is with Sprint; it doesn't allow you to send MMS... everything else works though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2