PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 11:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Question Will The New HTC Messenging Client v1.8 Work On TP2?

it supposedly fixes all the bugs and lagginess found in the older versions and has secure box to password protect your text messages that u want to hide away.. has anyone gotten this to work ?

HTC Messaging Client v1.8 Available

June 14, 2010 By: ben_duder

The messaging client which HTC has integrated into newer releases of the Sense interface has long been infamous for its many bugs, its unbearable slowness, and its lack of unique features.
XDA member G-ThGraf has discovered that the newest version, hot off the latest Sense update, fixes all of these problems. Version 1.8 of HTC’s Messaging Client for Pocket PC seems to have no lag when sending, receiving or composing messages on top of its increased stability. What’s more, the newest release includes a ‘Secure Box’ feature, which allows you to quickly file away your most sensitive messages in a password-protected folder. An impressed user of the new client has made this quick video to illustrate its improvements in performance.
G-ThGraf has kindly consolidated the update into a .cab, which is available in the application thread. The update is designed for use on the HD2 but may not work with all ROMs.

http://www.xda-developers.com/window...1-8-available/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:51 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Will The New HTC Messenging Client v1.8 Work On TP2?

try it, i cant get it to work though. just sits there and cant do anything. im on custom rom.

edit, maybe it did work, after softreset got it working i think. worked once but now im back to cant do anything again.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 06-14-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

is the secure box working and everything? i was kinda scared to try it since i saw some people having problems with it on xda i wanted to make sure i did it right thats why i asked here
Old 06-14-2010, 11:59 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

I haven't really seen any reports on here, good, bad, or otherwise... You could be a guinea pig! Lol! If you do end up trying it out, post up your experience, ROM, and Sense info, for everyone to reference.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:59 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
is the secure box working and everything? i was kinda scared to try it since i saw some people having problems with it on xda i wanted to make sure i did it right thats why i asked here
nothing is working now but seems like it wants too.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuff

i was able to install 2015 just fine and it is much faster. however, there is a noticeable memory drain of about 5mb once you open a new message until you completely exit messaging. i haven't checked to see if secure box is working.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

and you are one stock sprint 6.5? if so, i may try it too
Old 06-15-2010, 12:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If you install this does it replace the existing HTC messenger and integrate flawlessly into sense?
Old 06-15-2010, 12:25 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
If you install this does it replace the existing HTC messenger and integrate flawlessly into sense?
on vins pluto rom it doesnt.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

dunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
and you are one stock sprint 6.5? if so, i may try it too
no, I am on leadpoizon's 6.5.X beta right now, but it also worked fine on his 6.5 rom. i haven't tried it on any other roms lately though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2