PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Connecting a phone using HTC Wifi Router

So I went to a sprint store to mess with the new EVO. It was a store demo and was not activated. I wanted to connect it to my TP2 using HTC Wifi Router but for some reason it would not see my network name. I even tried it with my friend HTC hero and BlackBerry Storm 2. I went search for available networks on my laptop it comes right up. Is there any special way I can get a mobile phone connect? Any help would be great.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:28 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Connecting a phone using HTC Wifi Router

you wanted to hook the stores EVO to your TP2? why, just to browse the web in-store on the EVO?

im gonna say, if the EVO at the store wasnt activated.. then its probably safe to assume, the hotspot feature wasnt enable, which didnt they say wifi wont work without it??

i dunno why you think you have an issue... your TP2 is working riight? just becaus eit didnt connect to a phone at a store,doesnt mean YOU have the issue..
Old 06-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Heh, didn't know that wifi on evo is linked to hotspot feature? Hope that's not true 'cause a lot of people would definitely not like that....
Old 06-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Maybe I was confusing with my post. I was trying to use the WiFi router on my TP2 to get the EVO on line, but the EVO wouldn't pick up my network name. Make sense now. I know the EVO has to be activated to use the hotspot feature, that wasn't what I was asking. The TP2 has pretty much the same feature, it's called HTC Wifi Router!
Old 06-10-2010, 06:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyapd21 View Post
Maybe I was confusing with my post. I was trying to use the WiFi router on my TP2 to get the EVO on line, but the EVO wouldn't pick up my network name. Make sense now. I know the EVO has to be activated to use the hotspot feature, that wasn't what I was asking. The TP2 has pretty much the same feature, it's called HTC Wifi Router!
right, evo wifi part should work independ of the hotspot feature. You should be able to turn on the wifi part w/o the hotspot feature. Unless evo wifi can only connect to infrasture and not ad-hoc.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

When I turned the EVO's WiFi on and searched for an available network my network name wasn't showing up. But when I search for it on my laptop it comes up and I can connect to it. Does this have something to do with an Ad Hoc connection. Is there a way within android to allow it's WiFi to connect to an Ad Hoc connection?
Old 06-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyapd21 View Post
When I turned the EVO's WiFi on and searched for an available network my network name wasn't showing up. But when I search for it on my laptop it comes up and I can connect to it. Does this have something to do with an Ad Hoc connection. Is there a way within android to allow it's WiFi to connect to an Ad Hoc connection?
Good question. Might want to post that in Evo forum and see if anyone can answer it. I would be surprised if it couldn't

When I have my TP2 acting as an adhoc wifi router, I could connect my TP1 to it to access internet. but I do have to go into TP1 wifi menu and select see all types (adhoc and infrastructure) as it seems the default was only infrastructure. Maybe it's like that on evo also, and you need to tell it to also look for adhoc....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

hooops2001 is a n00b

Hello- were you able to find the reason why EVO could not connet to the TP2? I'm trying the same thing and I think it has something to do with the ad-Hoc but I can't find how to change the option on the evo?

Thanks-
Old 06-16-2010, 02:03 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

id say get out of the sticks and go find an activated evo to play with. if the sprint store doesnt have an activated evo to show off the internet browsing and video calling, your sprint store sucks. even the furniture mart by my house has an activated evo on display!

Old 06-16-2010, 02:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

hooops2001 is a n00b

Sure I'll do that schumuck...NOW for everyone else I have an EVO that I will be cancelling my new line during the 30 day trial period. Long story but I did not want to cancel/change my $50 SERO plan on two lines but I do like the features on the EVO minus the extra $$$. So my plan is to keep the EVO and use it primarily on WI-FI how would I be able to tweak the Ad-HOC configuration if possible?

Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2