PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 09:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: TP2 noob - random first questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amamba View Post
What task manager. The built in one works, I just don't like it. The Showcase that flies on Axim dies on TP2. But I found ArkSwitch that works fine. Just need to figure out how to invoke it the easiest way.
my bad man. i totally misunderstood that part of your post.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
my bad man. i totally misunderstood that part of your post.
No problem. I will probably stick with a stock task manager for now, the ArkSwitch one is great but it's yet another memory eater...
Old 06-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

It finally dawned on me about all these new Touch Pro 2's purchased, they are new EVO users older ones lol? TP2 Live's on.

Sorry for the useless post.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Threadstarter

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Mine was brand new. Haven't seen any used ones yet go for less than new after rebate. And it would have to be a whole lot less.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Unknown

Demonis is a n00b

I'm not sure what factory screen protector you're talking about. Mine didn't come with one (Sprint), but I just bought some cheap stick on covers and replace them when they get all scratched up.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

1801 is a n00b

do uknow how to dowload rom or sms bubbles
Old 06-07-2010, 06:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1801 View Post
do uknow how to dowload rom or sms bubbles
dude...quit posting the same question all over the place.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

[QUOTE=Amamba;1794753]
The screen protector gets extremely dirty/smudgy. I dropped it (naturally) just as I peeled it off, so I washed it with a drop of detergent in warm water, rinsed, let it dry and applied it... I don't think the oily smudge is from soap - I think it's from fingers - just never seen it that bad. I think it's because of the type of shiny reflective plastic used for protector. I have a few Axim screen protectors left, they are softer and more "nonstick" on the surface - is there any danger in using non-OEM s/p ?

No danger at all, as long as it's not applied with epoxy or superglue, but IMHO the Sprint stock one is the best out there, you just can't guy them anywhere, at least not custom fit ones. You can go to ATT and get theirs for the TP2/tilt2 and they fit perfectly, just don't last as long, but for 3 for $10 they're great.

Oxios Hibernate doesn't free any memory and Oxios Close App doesn't seem to close any apps. Is this a known issue, and what else can I use ?
There's cabs floating around for cleanram and ram sweeper, or you can go with memmaid, but that's not a free app although it has a 14 day trial I believe to see if you like it.

Any tips for preserving the battery ? (Other than turning off wifi and bt and doing the AS server trick). Custom ROM's will help you with batt life.

And finally, is there a case that (1) clips to the belt and (2) allows to use the keyboard without taking the device out of the case ?

Seidio has a case with a belt clip, screen faces inwards and phone/keyboard are fully functional with case on, but it's not cheap, about $50 for the case and clip, and God forbid it breaks, which it will, as their customer service sucks, at least for me. Others have said they're great, and the cases look and feel good and do protect the phone, but when I had to replace one piece it was not the easiest thing to do, but they did replace it so YMMV.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2