View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Amamba
PPCGeeks Regular

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 noob - random first questions

OK, just got my TP2 activated and used for half a day... new to TP2 and phone but very familiar with WM devices.

Some random issues, right away

1) The screen protector gets extremely dirty/smudgy. I dropped it (naturally) just as I peeled it off, so I washed it with a drop of detergent in warm water, rinsed, let it dry and applied it... I don't think the oily smudge is from soap - I think it's from fingers - just never seen it that bad. I think it's because of the type of shiny reflective plastic used for protector. I have a few Axim screen protectors left, they are softer and more "nonstick" on the surface - is there any danger in using non-OEM s/p ?

2) The phone application drives me nucking futs !!!! I don't want to call everybody with a single tap !!! It's way too easy to tap on someone's name while trying to scroll !!! Is there a way to set it to double-tap, or am I better off just going to a 3rd party dialer and if so which one (e.g. iContact+iDial) ?

3) I like HTC Calendar, it's fast and finger friendly, but why does it have to do times in big fat letters yet appointment subjects in tiny ones ? I didn't find a way to change fonts - is it even there ?

4) What would be the best way to make the TF Home screen - or whatever's the name of a screen with a clock - (which to my surprise I found pretty responsive and nice) coexist with PocketBreeze ?

5) I used a small task switcher / closing app called "e-Natives Showcase" on my Axim running WM6.1. Now from what I can see TP2 also runs 6.1 but this switcher doesn't work, it doesn't close anything and it hangs. What would you recommend for TP2 ? I know a good deal of task managers and used quite a few but most of them aren't all that finger friendly and had quite a bit of lag.

6) Oxios Hibernate doesn't free any memory and Oxios Close App doesn't seem to close any apps. Is this a known issue, and what else can I use ?

7) Any tips for preserving the battery ? (Other than turning off wifi and bt and doing the AS server trick).

And finally, is there a case that (1) clips to the belt and (2) allows to use the keyboard without taking the device out of the case ?

I do plan on going to a custom rom but for now I want to use the stock one.

Thanks !